Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 2, 2008

Running with Riding Hood Red


I have a few samples today using all Stampin Up product, and you might just notice a theme. All the cards are made with Riding Hood Red.  Its for an upcoming Stamp Class at my home (waves Hi girls!!)  

Hoping to show the girls various color options as they begin to think about their holiday cards.  And even if you don't plan to make all your holiday cards, its always nice to have a few already on hand. 

These are less layer intensive than my usual cards, going with a recent theme... quick can still be cute. 

This first one pairs my new favorite shade of Red with Baja Blue, Kraft and Ivory. Can you believe my total lack of designer paper??  I know, I was impressed myself.  Giggle.  Hard to see here, but the top layer of Baja Blue is stamped with the snowflake image repeatedly with versamark for a soft touch.  

I rarely do a "catalogue case" but I just adored the sample in the catalogue for "Big on Christmas" so I used it as a starting point.  I switched the size of the card, but kept many of the same elements.  I love how the bow here almost looks like a tie for Mr. Snow eh?

This card uses Bashful Blue, Whisper White and lots of dazzling diamonds on the lettering.  Many of my girls have the Many Marvelous Markers so this is a great card for them to put them to good use! 

My next card is a little redesign for club of something you've seen here before.  I pulled out my new favorite, Bella's Blossoms, and my Top Note die finally arrived! (Um, thanks Angie for pushing me over the edge, I love it!)  

We'll be making our own designer paper with background stamps, and demo'ing the Top Note die.  Its amazing. And yes, you need it.  If you don't already have a Stampin Up demonstrator, I'd be happy to set you up!  Now with online ordering, you can click click and have it shipped right to you.  Of course, I can always place an order for you if you'd prefer!  Just email me. ;-)

This month, my friend Karen (Em, do I have permission to call her my friend, if I give you the credit for introducing us?) is bringing her friend Dana (yes, girl, I'm calling you out you lurker... ;-) By the way, Em, can she be my friend too?  

Two more to design for class, neither of which are holiday cards.... One is a redesign of something you've seen before... just needs a little streamlining for workshop purposes, and one using the fun new "Punches Three" hostess set.  I'll be back with those two next week!

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dana White said...

I am honoured to be mentioned on your blog - I hope Em lets you call me a "friend" too
I am really excited about meeting you

Your Canadian Fan!

Karen Motz said...

I'm so happy to bring my BFF to stamp at your place. This class is going to be fabulous. But really, was there ever any doubt? grin!

Karen

stamping bella said...

ABSOLUTELY NOT... THEY ARE MY FRIENDS.. I AM AN ONLY CHILD AND I DON"T SHARE WELL.
well, ok.. maybe this one time :)

Em

Deborah Anton said...

Darling cards!! That top note die is awesome isn't it?? I love mine... need to do more with it! HUGS!

Angie Tieman said...

WOW!! These are all amazing!! You make SU look sooooo good! Glad you got that Top Note, can't wait to see more great things you come up with!

Simply Jenn said...

These are just beautiful. I can't wait to see more!

Carolyn King said...

I love riding hood red---your cards are all wonderful Joanne!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Georgous cards, I scrolled to the bottom of the page! I love this rose and the die you used is great, what a stunning card! I also appreciate your cards with the circle die, I've been having a hard time with a stamp that's a circle and how to come up with the sketch for it. Keep it simple and it will be beautiful if I follow your example. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, your Stampin' Up! projects are awesome! I've never seen Riding Hood Red look soooooo good!

Anonymous said...

I love all of these but the first one is my fave. I'm definately casing that layout!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover