Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 1, 2008

Wintery Previews Part 2

I've been busy stamping away with the six new sets, plus fun new alterables, ribbon and embellishments from Gina K (I know, what a tease!!)  And today I've got two quick previews using Asela's new set titled "Christmas Blessings". 

The first one uses this beautiful little church scene.  I think it is so sweet - and notice that little snowman over there on the side!  

This was SUCH fun to color in with my copic markers.   Once everything was assembled and in place, with my quickie glue pen I put in a thin line of glue on the edges of the roof and the snow lines, then dusted it with Dazzling Diamonds.    The background is Soft Sky Designer prints paper from SU which I then ran through my cuttlebug.  

Oh Wild Wasabi and Soft Sky, how I've missed you. 

For the last several releases, I've also gotten into the habit of making at least one clean and simple card.  And this time, it was the pointsetta from this lovely set that caught my eye.  

In addition to snowmen, pointsettas just scream christmas to me, and it was a wonderful excuse to use a bit more of that luscious Pure Luxury Ribbon.  It coordinates just perfectly with Stampin Up's real red.  

Accidentally, I ran the cardstock through the cuttlebug embossing folder the wrong way, but then decided I actually really liked the debossed look here.  The sentiments in this set have such a lovely font, and with the deep red rubber, you get such a nice, guaranteed, even impression.  

I have another clean and simple card that I'm saving for the launch party.  I love this effect --  clean and simple can still be super cute.  And you know, I'm prone to mass production efforts, so that's key!

Don't miss Gina's blog today because she will, of course, have a sample with this set, as well as "Winter Foliage" the newest "Free with Three" set. You'll also find Design Team Samples today from:


as well as our two fantastic Spotlight Designers:


Happy "Blurfing" around, I know you'll just love what you find today! I'm off to check them out myself!!

14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lee said...

Ohhhh that little town scene is just perfectly wonderful!!! I love the colors!!! And your clean and simple card is FABulous!!!! My effort at clean and simple (as you'll see) are quite.......ummm....different.....I am so in love with your poinsettia card!!!

Theresa Momber said...

Joanne, these are fantastic! I always love your layouts. Can't wait to see the rest of the stamps in these sets.

Donna Baker said...

I love your clearn & simple, Joanne! your cards are just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful! And I loveeeeeeeeee you other cards from preview day one!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Wow Joanne! Your little church card rocks! I love how you added the glitzy snow on the roof, nice touch! And your 'clean and simple' cards always amaze me! This one too!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous cards. Your work is amazing.

Melanie said...

adorable cards, Joanne! glad you wt ahead an dused th debossed CS, hee hee, it looks great!!

Sharri said...

Joanne, your cards a gorgeous!

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous cards Joanne. Great coloring on the church one and I love the simplicity of the second. A beauty!

Tamara said...

I love the church card. The image is great, and your colouring fantastic!

Jillabella said...

omg I love these!!! I miss those colors too, I'm so happy you pulled them out again, they're gorgeous! xoxo

Deb Wood said...

These are both sooo wonderful!! I love that church and you've colored it sooo beautifully, love the poinsetta's too!! Can't wait to see more!!

Emily said...

These are both just gorgeous! Great layouts!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet comment!! I love that church card!!! TOO cute!!! You are so talented and I LOVE the way you photograph your cards. :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover