Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 30, 2008

e-girl Notes

Here's a little notebook I created for a blogging friend using a DVD tin which I altered with one of my very favorite new paper collections "Urban Prairie" from Basic Grey.  The stamp set is "Who's that e-girl" from My Favorite Things

Lots of paper piecing possibilities for this set.  I pieced the skirt, couch and wallpaper.  What a girly fun room is this?

The sentiment "Notes" is stamped with my Just Rite Rectangular stamper and the Brayton Font kit.  
I adore these felt flowers from Petaloo that I found in the My Favorite Things online store.  I've had fun popping them onto projects here and there.  They come in such a variety of fun colors, each package has a variety of sizes, and I love how durable these flowers are.  I must say paper flowers worry me that they'll be destroyed before they get to their destination!  

Inside is a little notepad that I trimmed down to size with the help of my carl cutter.  The left hand side has a little pocket to tuck in receipts, or lists etc.  Edited to add: Just a quick note that I certainly did not come up with this fun idea myself.... I remember lots of people making these around this time last year. Most notably I remember this sweet one that my friend Jenn made last year!!! That's why it pays to read a million blogs and stock up on alterables right??

Are you looking forward to some new MFT in the new year?  Our January launch party will be Wednesday, January 7th. And, got a few new samples to share, one of which is my new favorite card ever.  I'm tickled PINK to share it with you.  Previews will begin on Monday, January 5th!!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Whimsey said...

Oh, this is just the cutest thing!!! Love it! I have this set...and STILL have not used it! :( Thanks for the inspiration!

Rachel said...

Love the project! It's so pretty!

Sharri said...

Awesome idea! I would never have thought of using a dvd tin for a little notebook. Very cute!

Julie Campbell said...

This is just THE cutest, SMARTEST idea!!! I love the paper piecing!

Nancy Riley said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I want to make one ... NOW! You're always so inspiring, Joanne! THANKS!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning!! Whoever receives it is one lucky girl!!

Melanie said...

oh i love this!!

Anonymous said...

This is great! I love the idea of tucking in a notebook into the tin. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy New Year!

Rose Ann said...

I love your note pad tin!! So very pretty!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Joanne, this is my first visit to your blog, I popped on over from Melanie's blog...congrats on your publication! So, how very fun to see this awesome little set featured here! Can I just add that it's so much more beautiful in person! I love it, and all the details. What a fun coincidence! Happy New Year, and all the best in '09!

Toni K said...

Love this note pad! That paper is my current fav too.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover