Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 29, 2008

Playing with New Toys!

My house is completely over run with the boys new things from Christmas, and we've been playing new board games, reading new books, assembling new legos etc etc.  But finally, I was able to squeeze in a little stamping time after everyone in my house fell asleep the last night. 

My sweet sister bought me a Copic Airbrush starter kit, and I simply couldn't WAIT to try it out.  My "Home Tweet Home" stamp set from Gina K was calling my name, in particular that adorable little picket fence and birdhouse image.  

I colored in the grass and the birdhouse and then stamped a mask for the birdhouse and the picket fence.  Once they were covered up I used a light blue marker and the airbrush to color in the background.  Voila, a perfectly white picket fence!  I'm looking forward to more practice with this tool, but what a fun first attempt!  

This paper has been in my stash since this summer, it is the Chick a Doo from SEI
and finished off with a bow of what was left of my Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon.  The card base is made with Gina K's Pure Luxury cardstock.  I just bought two new packages because I'm finding I'm completely addicted to it.  It is finished off with a little coordinating cardstock on the inside too.

If you've got a little stamping time to play then come on over to the Gina K Member Company Forum. 

Gina is holding a different challenge each day - lots of fun ideas to get your creativity working over the holidays!

I've also started a little challenge using bows and buttons (my favorite embellishment combination) and at least one item on your card must be askew. The challenge is open till January 2nd!  

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jessie/knightrone said...

OOoo, lucky you girlie!! This is gorgeous!!!!

Dana White said...

It's stunning- I am sure once Kar tries the airbrush both of us will "need" one!

Anonymous said...

I also received the air brush system for Christmas from my husband. Looks like your first attempt was much better than mine! I think it is going to be soooo much fun! Now I think I need to add some more Copics to my wish list.

Amber (bambi64) said...

Looks like everyone got the air brush for Christmas!! Lucky! Love the card. Can I come play??

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE IT! You did SUPER WELL with the airbrush. I don't have one of those yet... *sigh* LOL

Anonymous said...

is a truly stunning card you made there,and who was a lucky girl. I would love a Air Brush, but I think it might have to wait lol

StampOwl said...

hehe add me to the list of people who got the airbrush for Christmas :) .... aren't they lots of fun ... I love it! Also love your card Joanne

Oma said...

I love this card! So fresh and springy looking!

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous! Practice...who needs practice...looks perfect to me!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover