Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 11, 2008

Gina K Launch Day - Take Flight

We used to have a butterfly bush right outside my kitchen window which I loved, it smelled so lovely, and attracted a zillion butterflies, I loved to smell it and watch those beauties from my kitchen window as I washed dishes.... but can you believe that **someone** chopped it down because it interfered with his lawn mowing pattern.  That was three years ago, and yes, I'm STILL not over it.

Given how much I love those winged creatures, can you believe I don't have a single butterfly stamp till now? I know, shocking.  This lovely set is titled "Take Flight" and it is the "One Free with Three" set from Gina K Designs this month.  Both the images in this set are so beautifully and realistically illustrated.  What an amazing set to earn for FREE when you pick up three stamp sets at Gina K!! 

I stamped the image once to my Top Note die, and then once to another piece of Pure Luxury Carstock.  I colored with my copic markers, and then coated the entire butterfly with my pearlescent watercolors.  You can't see it here, but trust me when I tell you this is sooo shimmery in real life. I trimmed out the second butterfly's body, bent the wings up, and added him to my Top Note with a dimensional.

I must say, I'm so truly impressed with the variety of images across the spectrum of this months releases. So many different artistic styles, each with such attention to detail.  All from the same amazing company, with just the greatest customer service, and might I add - lightening fast shipping.

Today is the last day of previews, tonight is the launch party over on the Member Company Forum - you can find all the fun HERE beginning tonight at 7pm CST!

Gina's so generous, there are always three different challenges posted to play along with over the next few days, and three "questions" where you've got to look around for the answers.  Each contest comes with the chance at a free set!  Sweet!  And of course, the party will have lots of previews from the design team.  

Till then, you can keep yourself occupied by looking around at every one's blogs to see their beautiful butterfly creations:

Erika, Theresa, Donna, Kurtis, Jessica, Mel, EmilyCammie, AselaCarolina (our In the Spotlight Guest Designer this month) and, of course, GINA!

16 Comments    Post a Comment:

Melanie said...

love yuor colors and how you doubled in up!!


bushwhacker= "thumbs down"!!! :(

Anonymous said...

Love the dimensions! And all of the project is gorgeous!!!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous!!

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous! Love the popped up wings!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

The dimension is beautiful with this card! Love it!

Cat Tidwell said...

Just stunning Joanne! LOVE it! love the colors especially. I always think of butterflies as bright, but this looks REAL!

Donna Baker said...

beautiful card!

Kurtis said...

incredible! your designs are so lovely!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is so gorgeous!! It looks just like your butterfly is ready to take flight!!

JessicaK said...

Wow J, the 3D butterfly is great. I'm a big fan of dimensional stamping, and this one's fantastic.

Cindy Lawrence said...

What a beautiful job you've done with this, Joanne! That butterfly looks real enough to fly right off the card!

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful Joanne! I can't wait to see it in person tonight so I can see all the wonderful shimmer. :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely beautiful Joanne!!

scrappinfox said...

Beautiful! The butterfly looks as though it's about to take flight. Great sentiment, too, and I like the way you positioned the sentiment and butterfly on the Top Note. TFS!

Tweetpea said...

Beautiful card. I love all the new stamps. TFS

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love how bold and dimensional the butterfly is.

You should get a new landscaper, lol!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover