Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 10, 2008

MFT Challenge Time

What's Up?? Its Wednesday!! 

I can't even believe what I'm about to say... I have 60+ cards finished, addressed, stuffed, signed and just ready to have a stamp slapped on and put into the mail!  I have another 40 for my husband signed and ready for HIM to address, stuff and tuck into the mail! He thinks he'll need another 20 to complete his list.  But considering I've got the bulk of the job done, I'm taking a wee little break..... 

Actually first I tore apart my stamping area, and re arranged some furniture down here... then once everything was cleaned up, I let myself play a little..... I just love that!!

So, while I was playing, I cranked out two cards, one you'll see here today and one card I'm saving for Friday!

I played along in the color challenge on Splitcoast the colors are Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Taken With Teal.  I'll admit it, Taken with Teal frightens me. There, I said it....  So, I squeezed it into my project by using it for my cardbase, then covered up as much of it as possible. Giggle!  I ran the Baja Breeze layer through my Cuttlebug and then I softened it with some white craft ink.  

I just realized that I've combined so many challenges here.... this image "Baby Its Cold Outside" along with a little edge distressing qualifies this card for Monday's Who's That Girl challenge.

Since I added a generous helping of Diamond Dust to finish off the card, it also works for the sparkle challenge announced today!  

Jessie has posted a fantastic tutorial on how to make a Gift Card on the How'd They Do That section of the MFT Member Company Forum. Be sure to drop by to pick up a few tips and tricks.  

Thanks for looking, and have a fantastic day!

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Love this card! It really feels wintery!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE it!!! The white scallops are just peeking out from under the layers behind the image. Great colours too...have you overcome your fear of taken with teal, cause you did a fabulous job! :)

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful card and I couldn't agree more with the whole taken with teal.. why did I buy it again.. I cant use it for the life of me :P

Leslie said...

Very nice! Love the colour combo and please don't hate me but I like Taken with Teal.....sometimes :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover