Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 19, 2008

Hopes, Dreams and Wishes. Make them come true

While I know that this year has been exceptionally difficult for so many of us, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on all the good things that happened this year.  What was your proudest moment, your happiest moment, or your greatest memory from 2008?  

This year was certainly not without challenges, but I will say that so many of my dreams became a reality for me this year.  I'm so happy to have been able to share it with all of you each day. I'm looking forward to the next year, and the many adventures that each new day promises. 

Let YOUR dreams come true this year. What are you wishing for in 2009?  I'd love to know..... 

----------

I thought I'd take a little break from Christmas items to share a card I made for the Gina K Designs launch last week.

This set, titled "Take Flight" is the One Free with Three set this month.  I stamped the butterfly with Brilliance ink, then applied clear embossing powder and warmed it with my heat tool.  I just love the extra touch of shine all over to bring this butterfly to life.  

Then I colored the remaining portions with my R11, R20 and E33 markers.  I did stamp the butterfly also directly to the patterned paper so that I could pop up his wings for some extra dimension.

I'm hooked on creating cards with my image panels askew lately.  Just creates new spaces to include embellies, tie ribbons etc.  

I used a fun tip that I picked up from my buddy Karen.   I call it "Karen-ing It" and by that, I mean that I used my Copic marker to outline the debossed edge of my nestie - creates a nice faux layer.

Have a great day, and a wonderful weekend. I'll be back with my Christmas card on Monday. By then, they should hopefully have all reached their destination.   


9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous Joanne!!

Denise Marzec said...

The colors are so soft and pretty...and I just LOVE this GKD butterfly. Gorgeous!

Sew Club said...

Love this, Joanne! So pretty!

Allison said...

This is so soft and pretty.

Amy said...

oh....I ADORE this card Joanne! It is soooo gorgeous, just like everyone else has said. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season girlfriend!

Hugs,
Amy

Dana White said...

I love this card - I think my order from Gina K is at the post to be picked up today I am excited to get this stamp inked

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for the wonderful thoughts

Lisa H. said...

wow! what a fabulous card. I love the colors and your bow is perfect!

Karen Motz said...

This card is so pretty on your blog, but it's super stunning IRL! Lucky me...I get to hold your creations in my little hands!
Our coffee date was so much fun, and busy! Can't wait to do it again...next year. :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover