Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 20, 2008

Snowmen with Shimmerz on a Snowy Snowy Day!

I've always loved Alli Miles work, and I've long been a favorite of the clean and simple cards that she makes from time to time using Nesties strictly for embossing.  You can see a recent example of what I mean on this post.  

So here I am, shamelessly emulating one of my Design Idols, and former Design Team buddies!  ((hugs Alli!))

This sweet little snowman is "Made of Snow" from Paper Trey Ink.  I adore that you can totally customize your snowman.  There are choices of scarves, choices of hats, and then various heads, bodies, faces etc so that you can completely design it however you'd like.  And, of course, since they are clear acrylic you get perfect placement every time.

I colored in the snowman's accessories with my B00 and B52 Copic markers, and added a shadow with my W1 marker.  Using my craft knife, I created an opening just large enough to thread through some of my striped Baja Breeze grosgrain ribbon from Stampin Up and then secured a bow.  I finished off the inside of the card with some scraps of Ski Slope designer paper.  I loved the sweet sentiment, but since I'd gone with a 4 1/4 square card, it was just too long for my design. So instead, I stamped it onto the envelopes - equally cute.  

I thought about using my B000 copic marker to color in a background for this sweet man of snow, but then had a true a-ha moment. Shimmerz!! I grabbed an aquapainter and I added a glistening coat of shine all over my Frosty's.  I just love that stuff, its mess free, quick drying and was just the right touch!  I'm frequently lugging my supplies upstairs to work where my hubster is watching TV, so being able to work without making a big old mess is ideal for me.  He's always laughing at me coating myself in glitter! 

Liquid applique was used to give some "puff" to the pom pom, hat brim and all the polka dots on the scarf.  I love that stuff, so fun!

We had a big road trip to celebrate Christmas with my in laws today, but a big snow in the northeast has precluded the trip.  Its so beautiful outside right now... and I love being all nestled up with a hot chocolate, and of course some stamps too!

Have a wonderful day!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracey said...

What a simple yet absolutely gorgeous card! I love snowmen!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So gorgeous...love how simple but BEAUTIFUL it is!!

Karen Motz said...

I LOVE the look of this card. The bow and shimmerz are just the right touches and that square nestie frame is super!

Alli Miles said...

Awww thanks girly! Your card is FAB!!!! Love the shimmerz.

Anonymous said...

Love this!! Simple yet just adorable. Thanks for sharing with us. Blessings~ Renee

Leslie said...

Love this card and not just because it has a snowman on it!It's so simple and easy but looks fantastic.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Nothing wrong with emulating a fabulous designer like Alli! Such a sweet card, Joanne. Stay warm!

Oma said...

Beautiful card - I like the simplicity of it.

Rose Ann said...

So sweet and simple!! Just perfect!!

Jody Morrow said...

Very cute card! I love the strip of patterned paper on the inside of the card.

Allison said...

This is such a simple but wonderfully stunning card!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover