Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 21, 2008

Snowy Sketchy Day

It has now been snowing since Friday afternoon and will snow here again all day today.  It is beautiful outside my window, and feeling very Christmasy. Our neighborhood is not on a main road, so there is barely any traffic coming through, save for the rare adventurous neighbor.... I'm going out for a snowy walk around the block and perhaps do a little sledding with my husband and the boys. 

Its feeling so very cozy in my Lazy Pants and enjoying my warm Christmas candles burning, and my George Winston Christmas music off my ipod... but it such a winter wonderland out there that boys NEED to go play a little.  

Last night, I stalled on my "to do" list a little bit and just wanted to play with two of my favorite sketch challenges.  

My friend Karen is the Featured Cupcake Sampler for Taylor this week, so how could I not play to celebrate. Besides, the sketch is super cute, and just right for this sweet set from The Cat's Pajamas that has not so quietly been calling my name!  Sprinkle is dressed in a paper pieced scrap of this Stampin Up Ski Slope designer paper, and then given lots of liquid applique details.    


Since my Ski Slope paper was already in use, and quite honestly, because I have lots of it, I decided to also use it in Jen's Sketch for You To Try this week.  

Again, I had a particular set in mind that I've been wanting to pull out and use again, Cornish Heritage Farm's "Heartwarmer's"    

I will admit, all those circles terrified me, but I turned one into a bow placement, one the sentiment, and one is a clear button to which I added a circular punchout of paper coated with glitter.  

After our little adventure outside, I'm looking forward to a lunch of minestrone soup I made in preparation for the snowstorm on Friday, a Christmas movie for the boys, and hopefully LOTS more stamp time for me!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover