Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 22, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

At long last, here's the Christmas card that I taunted you with only pieces of.  As I've mentioned, these were a lot of work, because I just can't say no to layers and embellishments and ribbon and buttons and such. 

I did have a crazy thought that I'd run all the cardbases through my Janome and sew all these panels- but reason set in when remembered that I was creating 100 cards this way.  I also had my heart set on 100 nice loopy bows, but sadly, I had to give in on that wish too.  I wanted to be sure I could mail each card with standard postage, and I knew my buttons were already putting that in jeopardy!  

This is Cornish Heritage Farm's "Joyeux Noel" stamp set and the paper is from October Afternoon.  I love the rustic detail of this image, and the beautifully scripted sentiment.  I remember I first saw this set used by Amy Rohl and then added it to my shopping cart the next day. She has some seriously beautiful creations on her blog "Ink About Me." I must say, if you don't already read her blog.... get going!

My husband thinks I'm totally crazy, but it was well worth it and I actually can't believe how quickly I was able to get the job done and somehow, I managed to keep this blog populated with newness too!  

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday, filled with all the people you love best!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I have been waiting for you to post the finished card and am not disappointed. Great job.
Merry Christmas
JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely stunning Joanne!!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

so stunning jo!!! boo hoo though!! did you run out before you got to me?? ;)

xoxoxoxoxo

leanne said...

Your cards are awesome! I love everything about them:)

Anonymous said...

SOO pretty! I love the blue and brown! You may have wanted to do things a bit differently, but it's gorgeous as is!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Jo! I love that OA paper and that snowflake is so pretty!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :)

Karen Motz said...

Fabulous non-traditional colours! You can make a brown snowflake look soooooo pretty! :)

Jody Morrow said...

VERY pretty!

Leslie said...

Yay, I was waiting for you to post the finished card and it was so worth it! It's really lovely!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover