Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 18, 2008

Tired of Tins?


Edited to add: The designer paper I used here is October Afternoon. This particular line is titled "Good Cheer."  So sorry I forgot to include that information earlier! 

Hope you're not tired of my altered tins, because guess what, I've got another one!

This is a tin that I created for "Rick the Mail Guy" to go along with his Christmas card.  His card is my favorite that I posted to this month's Dirty Dozen Gallery.  Of course, it was so laden with layers and dirty goodness, that I couldn't stuff it into an envelope and crush that pretty bow!

Instead I tucked it into a flat cellophane bag, taped it shut and walked down to the mailbox the other day with his card and this little box of goodies when I heard his truck vrrrrming down the street.

I made my little charm for my ribbon bow with the help of the curly label punch, and ahem, lots of layers.  I stamped the image three times onto Very Vanilla cardstock. Then I punched one with the Curly Label Punch from Stampin Up.  Then I trimmed off the vanilla border off the next so that you just had the curly label shape in Riding Hood Red, then I hand trimmed that center oval off the third and popped each layer up onto the one before it with dimensionals.

I'm so sure I'm NOT the first person to notice this, but if you punch out two shapes Curly Label Punch, and turn them at opposing angles to eachother, you'll have one wide one, and one tall one.  It makes for an interesting border for people who like layers. Guess who does... ME!

Lastly, I punched a little hole with my handheld punch, threaded a piece of linen thread through one side of the button, around my bow and then back up through the second hole in the button, tied up my little bow and shazam! Done!

And guess what, after filling treat tins, I still have a very smallish supply of chocolate covered cranberries left over.  Gee shucks, the boys are allergic to them.  I guess they're all mine!!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Donna C. said...

Beautiful!

Can you tell us the source of the red papers please?

Allison said...

This is gorgeous!
Those papers are beautiful too.

Denise Marzec said...

Love this tin, and I know exactly which card you're talking about...L-O-V-E that one! I still need to try the border thing with my curly punch.

Bekki B said...

I have to do a card metal tin...so thanks for some ideas. I wish I had the curly label punch!

Jody Morrow said...

Very nice!

Karen Motz said...

Who could ever be tired of tins!!! I'm sure Rick loved it.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover