Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 2, 2008

Oh Joy for Pointsettas

I actually have been stamping my brains out lately, even if this little blog of mine doesn't show it.  

I've been working on a tutorial for My Favorite Things, getting my Christmas cards done, stamping a zillion birth announcements for my sister, working on a Secret Santa present, and filling up the Dirty Dozen gallery.   

But you didn't come here to read about all my secret assignments did you? You came to see some cards!

Yes, I've been on a rustic tear lately, and this beautiful paper collection from Cosmo Cricket called "Oh Joy" is just up my alley.  

This rich cranberry and cream patterned paper has been sitting on my messy desktop and I was excited to finally get to chop it all up!  I stamped the pointsetta image from Asela's set "Christmas Blessings" from Gina K Designs

I've actually got to get to the florist to pick up several pointsettas.  My mother has always decorated with them for Christmas, and I just love having lots and lots of them all around.  My little guy is, lets just say, a bit destructive, so I've been holding out on my cherished breakable decorations....  while he can certainly make a mess with potted plants, it isn't like he'd be shattering expensive collectables.  Say a prayer that instead my rug isn't covered in potting soil. 

I trimmed a few layers apart, and then colored it with my Copic Markers and assembled it back together with dimensionals.  Then I added my new Angel Wings Shimmerz to glisten it all up. I've got to say, I love this stuff, it goes on so easily, dries SUPER fast, and adds a nice glisten to my image.  

Finished it up with a little red button and some linen thread, sewed all the mats to my designer paper, and finished it off with my last scrap of ribbon from the Making Memories Rouge Collection.  And if you're wondering how I got that fun pierced circle, it is this fantastic piercing template from Gina K Designs.  

Hope you have a great day, another crazy one in the making for me......

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne! This is Tessa's friend, Jane (we're going to be meeting for dinner together soon - can't wait)! I just love your blog! You are so talented. I love Poinsettias, too. I have two dogs, though, so I don't keep real ones around my house, especially since one of my dogs is a big chewer. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and that I'm looking forward to following your blog - and meeting you soon!

Jane

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!! I am worried about my precious Christmas stuff when my nephew gets older..I am hoping he gets the concept of no!!

Karen Motz said...

This is just beautiful Joanne. I Love your colour choices and the Shimmerz adds an elegant touch!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Gorgeous card, Joanne! Love that poinsettia image, and those rich papers! Fabulous!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is to beautiful, Joanne!! I love all of your layers, and your gorgeous poinsettia!!

Renee said...

Lovely card! Love all the detail!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful joanne, love your colors And paper.

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, you are one busy woman! You must be stamping 24/7! ... oh, you poor thing! - NOT! Could there be anything more fun?!

This poinsettia card is gorgeous! So festive!

dpkennedy said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love that dp and the poinsettia is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! The papers are rich and cozy -- I just love them!!
--Becca

Just Ducky @ Heart! said...

Joanne--I love this card! Love all the dimension and the colors. the layered poinsettia is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your lovely work!

Yvette

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover