Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 4, 2009

Blog Star!!!

I tell you ladies, you're going to L-O-V-E the newest addition to the "Who's that Girl" lineup over at My Favorite Things.  Meet the Digital girl.  I adore her.  I only wish I had a beautifully elegant office like this to work from.

My little "paper diet" has been actually pretty fun.  Usually I stick to all papers from the same collection, but digging into my scraps is forcing me to look deeper in the piles, and mix between collections, and secretly.. I'm loving it.  

The majority of this paper is from Making Memories Passport Collection, but then I mixed in some other paper from the Paperie Collection as well (okay, so its all Making Memories but for me, mixing among different collections is a step in the right direction....) 

I have another fun Powder Keg embellie that I made with a piece of chipboard.  I just LOVE how these melt up into such beautiful color and texture. I have been on a kick lately with askew panels, and I love how they open up fun spaces for embellishments like this.  

I'm working on a tutorial for next week showing how I created fun custom embellishments for my cards both yesterday and today with embellies and chipboard I had hanging around, and just coordinating them to my projects with the help of some embossing powder and a heat gun!

The next step for you on today's Blog Hop is my sweet friend Jody!  I adore her work, and I know that you're just going to LOVE whatever she's got stamped out for today.  I'm following you over to her blog to check it out!

Thanks for visiting, and if you're looking for something to help you pass the time between now and the party, be sure to check the My Favorite Things Member Company Forum today for the challenges being posted today by our Ambassadors this month Kerry J and Jamie!

31 Comments    Post a Comment:

Shannan Teubner said...

Super cute, Joanne!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very cute Joanne!!

JessicaK said...

Love the embelli layout here, and I can't wait for the new digi girl.

StampOwl said...

love it Joanne ... don't forget to scroll down to the next post everyone to see the bling bounce post

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute card! I ADORE it! :)

Christina Fischer said...

Gorgeous, Joanne! Love the layout and colors!

Yaneri said...

So, so cute! love the colors! But i really really love how that bow turned out! I have trouble creating that kind of bow!
Do you have a step by step tutorial?

Jacqueline said...

Amazing card!!! Wow everything is just perfect!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Too cute!

Ginny said...

her desk is waaay too organised...lol

Carolina said...

Just adorable Joanne!

Diane said...

Cute card, nice colors!

StampinCathy said...

What a fun card. Love the colors and layout.

Donna Baker said...

FABULOUS.

Kim said...

This is one of my very favorite cards with this set Jo!

Unknown said...

Love this! That ribbon is fabulous!!!

Karen Motz said...

Super card Joanne! Love the colours and all the fun details.

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl you rocked this set, awesome job.

Karen said...

Adorable!

Swamp Tulip said...

You are the Blog Star! I love your card. Great job.

Teresa

Carolyn King said...

awesome girl. love your custom embellies and the great layout!

Karen said...

Very cute card!

Kerry Johnson said...

Wow - you are rocking this release! Love all your cards - this one is no exception - it's amazing!!

Kristi said...

very cute! Thanks for sharing!

joslyn said...

love it!! i think i need to go on a paper diet. great idea!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! I LOVE your embellishments and ribbon!

Wendi Hayes said...

Really, really cute.

Candice said...

This is just beautiful, Joanne - love the layout and the colors!!

Karen J. said...

Like all the embellies. Very cute card. I follow your blog and just have to say I love you furniture!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Joanne! Love that embellishment, too - can't wait for your tutorial!

Janna said...

This is just fanatastic! I love the blues and the flower and heart that you used! That ribbon though is so yummy I want to eat it! Amazing job!

Smiles,
janna

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover