Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 17, 2009

Gina K: Surprises and Challenges

I've got a Gina K card for you today, but before I get started, I just wanted to mention that Gina has big news this week!  She's started posting hints on her blog, and something new and truly fantastic will be unveiled on Friday!  Be sure to visit Gina's blog each day this week to see what's been keeping her so busy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Although my typical style of cardmaking is usually all things girly... sometimes the occasion pops up that I've got to make a masculine card.  I don't know about you, but I find them really challenging.

I'm embarrassed to say how long I've had this image from Gina K Designs that had not yet been inked.  This set is called "King of the Grill" and was illustrated by Rupa Shevde. This week, I have a card to send out to my Dad, and he pretty much lives to golf.

I stamped the image first to ivory cardstock, and then stamped it again to a piece of scrap, colored it with my Copic markers, and then bumped it up and add some dimension.  All my panels are stitched, there's straight stitching, zig zag stitching and even the mini zig zag which was actually way more difficult to keep straight than I'd expected.  

I used Jen Del Muro's "Sketch for You To Try" which I must say, is always such a project jump start for me. The designer paper here is the new "To The Nines" specialty paper from Stampin Up.  I love the heavyweight feel to it.

For those of you that have been joining me for challenges over on the Gina K Member Company forum...My challenge to all of you Gina K fans out there this week is to either ink up one of your most recent Gina K stamp purchases, or you can ink up one that has not yet seen ink. The only thing is, you've got to fess up, how long has it been in your stash. Okay, I'll come clean. This stamp set was released I think in May of last year. That's SO bad of me...  So, come join me and Get Inky this week


5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracey said...

Great card Joanne!! Love your colour combo!

Kim said...

This is wonderful Joanne! You're right, making cards for men can be a challenge but you did a fantastic job! :-)

Karen Motz said...

Awesome manly card and your challenge sounds fun...I'll have to play along!

Andrea said...

I have the same problem with masculine cards, but you did a fantastic job!

Wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Proximity award...see my blog post for the details. Thanks as always for the inspiration!

http://craftyengineering.blogspot.com/2009/02/upcoming-class-and-awards.html

Anonymous said...

This is such a striking Manly card, I love it!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover