Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 25, 2009

A Happy, Scrappy Little Card

I've got a scrappy little card to share today.  I always love when other people make them, and never give it a try myself... so here goes.  

I flipped when I saw this orange polka dotted paper from Pink Paisley. I've been on a real orange and pink kick lately (I guess that's probably a welcome change for anyone tired of my pink and cocoa combination I was infatuated with last month...)

Its Wednesday, so Gina has a new Technique Episode and project on Stamp TV posted today, and it features a little technique I put to use on this card.  Kissing. Be sure to head on over to Stamp TV to see the latest episode, participate in the challenges, or just come chat with us!   

I kissed the polka dot patterned stamp from the Bold Flowers stamp set within the Floral Frenzy Stamp TV kit to the large bold flower.  I inked the bold flower with Pink Pirouette and the Polka Dots in Pumpkin Pie and the {mwah} kissed them together, huffed and stamped.

Once I huffed and stamped, I trimmed out the flower, and then bent each of the petals so that they sit forward on the card.  I also used the white paper flower from the kit, and the green grosgrain ribbon for my stem.  All the edges were sewn with my Janome.  I kept the sentiment simple, just good old "Happy" - its open ended for whatever happy occasion I might need it for.  Till then, all that orange and pink just makes ME happy.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover