Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 24, 2009

Watercolor Dreams

I hope you've been able to head on over to Stamp TV and get yourself set up with a login. Did you see that its already jumped to number THIRTEEN on the Stamping Top Fifty? WOW!  

Each day, Monday through Friday there will be a challenge hosted by either Gina or one of the Design Team members.  And get this, every single challenge comes with a chance at a free stamp set valued at $19.95!  Get over there and get stamping!!

This is for Cindy's color challenge on Monday which included Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie and Apricot Appeal.  There is, just the teeniest bit of Pumpkin Pie in there, I used it to deepen portions of the orchid.  

I used the crackle background stamp included in the Bold Flowers stamp set (part of the Floral Frenzy Stamp TV kit!) and stamped it repeatedly with Always Artichoke onto Always Artichoke paper.  Then I wanted it to be all distressed and aged, so I ran it through my crimper.

I know, I NEVER use that thing, but once in a while it comes in handy...  I ran it through in both directions. Gives it a neat waffle weave texture, then I ran my palm over it a few times to smooth it back out.  It was adhered lightly with adhesive and then all the edges were sewn down with my Janome to the card base.  

Since I stiched it directly to my card base, I wanted to be especially sure that all the edges were nice and neat.  You want to go nice and s-l-0-w around the edges, I actually operated the machine by hand around the corners rather than whirling the foot pedal.  On my last turn, I made sure to tie a nice discreet knot in the thread on the inside and snipped it close.  

The main image is from Asela's "Botanical Dreams" set which I stamped to watercolor paper then painted with my reinkers.  The sentiment is lifted from the "Elegant Flowers" set (also part of the Stamp TV kit) which I added with a piece of WeR Memory Keepers hardware. 

I'm feeling the urge to add more more more to this card, but my mom commented the other day on how she missed some of my more clean looking cards. So mom, this one's for you.  

Have a great day everyone!

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Melissa K. said...

This card is so pretty. I like it's calm feeling. TFS!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous card, Joanne!! Love the earthy colors and with mostly white showing, it really shows off the pretty image. :)

Oma said...

Gorgeous card Joanne! It's so pretty and reminds me that spring is on its way!

Rose Ann said...

Your coloring is beautiful, Joanne!! I love all of your stitching too!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover