Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 23, 2009

Springtime Thanks

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I had so much fun at Stamp New England with my stamping pals, and met lots of new friends too! (waves hello everyone!!)

I actually remembered at 5am on Friday that I hadn't yet stamped anything for Today's "Who's That Girl" challenge so ran down and added "Happy Mother's Day" as well as the Spring Patterned Paper into the box of supplies I was bringing so I could get a head start.

I was able to get the main image mostly paper pieced during SNE and then finished up the card late Saturday night when I got home.   

The challenge part this week is to use pink, green and yellow - simply perfect as I adore that color combination! Isn't it so springy??  

I finished the card off with a loopy bow with SU's So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon.  Lately, its my go to favorite ribbon.  

Christina will also have a little "Happy Mother's Day" eye candy for you with this set, and I can guarantee that its completely adorable. I just love her style.  
 
I also thought I'd share one of the cards that we made at SNE this weekend.  I thought that since I was meeting up with all my "e-friends" that it would be fun to play with "Who's That e-Girl!"  Let me just say that all the girls that came were SO fun.  

What a great group, lots of laughs, and I'm already looking forward to the next one! With all the amazing sponsors that signed on, it was like the Oprah show with all the giveaways!  Nobody went home empty handed, how fun is that??

And it was fun to have Lauren explain the sentiment "I heart my PSF's" to the group.  If you're not familiar with the story of Pretend Stamping Friends's you can read about it here on Lauren's blog, but I warn you, its so sweet you'll cry.  Just like I started to, in front of the whole room of people! 

For this card, we worked with Copic Markers, as well as paper piecing.  I adore the way you can add fun details to your project with paper piecing, but I'll fully admit, I'm a real stickler as to how the layers should work when piecing. While it would be quicker to simply color in the girl on white cardstock, and add the couch around her, then technically she's *inside* the couch.  Which I have to say, is just one of those things that bugs me. giggle.  

So, we stamped the image several times and assemble them layer by layer to build the scene in the correct order.  Floor and wall in the background, then the couch on top, then the girl placed on top of the couch, then finally the skirt dressed onto her.  As long as you plan it all out, I really do think its worth the extra effort in the end!  

Don't forget, that the Bubble Bin at MFT has been updated with this weeks specials. Some really amazing specials in there, one week only. Some sets will not return to inventory, so if you see something you like, I highly recommend picking it up!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a GREAT day!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Allison said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the colours and paper piecing on both!

Molly B said...

Really cute! I love the pink and yellow combo. Loved your PP class at Stamp NE. Can't wait to try it out on some of my stamp here at home. Enjoy the sunshine! -Molly B

Cat Tidwell said...

Awesome creations Joanne! You do such fantastic paper piecing...well everything you do is really! LOL! Love your colors you have chosen and the dp's you ahve used, beautiful!

Tracey said...

These are gorgeous cards Joanne! Love them!

Shelley said...

Love the loopy bow...how do you do that? Any special technique?

Jodi Collins said...

BEAUTIFUL darlin!! I LOVED making this e-girl card!! You da bomb!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Beautiful cards! I wish I could have participated!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover