Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 16, 2009

A happy little basket

Good morning! Somehow I've hurt my arm yesterday and actually even typing is hurting today.  Ouch! So this is going to be a short little post.

I recently ran across this adorable Penny Lane paper from My Minds Eye and I just could not wait to pair it up with this sweet and cheery little flower pot from Baskets of Happiness from Gina K Designs.

The petals are colored with Copic markers and I added a white gel pen dot to the center of each flower.  My very favorite gel pen I've ever used is from Inksentials and its is amazing

I reached for a tool that I hardly ever use on this one... my corner rounder.  Its so funny when I first started I used that thing on all my creations, I was a rounded-corner-aholic, and I thought it would compliment the round circles on the patterned paper.  

By tucking the top panel in behind the patterned paper layer, you get a nice clean even edge, and went with my whole "no right angles thing" that's going on here!

I'm such a tease, can I just say that I have my design team kit for Gina K for next week's launch already!  (runs and hides..)  Previews for this amazingly HUGE launch will begin on Monday and new sets will be previewed from Gina and various DT members each day till Thursday!!  

Till then, be sure to hop in on all the challenges over on Stamp TV I know I've mentioned it before, but there is a prize given away every day Monday through Thursday!  If you're uploading over there, be sure to add GKD as a tag on any Gina K creations, we're always on the hunt for amazing work, and you might just find yourself on our "Center Stage" for the month of May.  

So much for a short post. OUCH says my arm.....

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty...hope your arm is feeling better!!

Chrissy's Creations said...

What a pretty card. Your coloring is wonderful.

Lisa H. said...

hope your arm is back to normal soon. love the card. the rounded corners are what caught my eye right away. looks great!

Jennie said...

Such a pretty card! I hope you are gets better real soon!

SueB said...

you color so nice and this is a lovely card - TFS!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover