Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 11, 2009

Birthday Flopsey!

You all know I just adore Flopsey, he's just ever so sweet!  And what's better than a ginormous cake to go with him?  Awww, aint he cute??

I paper pieced the cake with the Chocolate Kiss printed paper which is now available at My Favorite Things and then added fluffy frosting with Liquid Applique.

Similar to my Bella card the other day, I went out of the box with both of his ears, trimming gently by hand around his ears to extend the panel as needed to fit those floppy ears!

I had to stamp his little hands again so that I could tuck the cake inside his hands, I trimmed out his two teeny paws and adhered them over the patterned paper layer.  

And do you see that beautiful satin ribbon? EEKS! Its part of the new luscious ribbon bundle that perfectly coordinates with the Chocolate Kiss paper!  

My son is making up to me for requesting that I buy a store bought card for his friends birthday last month (eeks!!)  the poor kid, he felt very guilty about it! My husband has been having fun giving him a hard time for not liking my cards!  But, admittedly, all the ones I had finished were a bit girly for his taste.  I'll have to load up on boy cards for the upcoming slew of parties he's invited to!

So, when he saw me coloring up this Flopsey the other day, he asked if he could please please have it for an upcoming little girlfriends birthday.  

I added a coordinating strip of the patterned paper.  Remember when you're making a card with a dark cardbase to line your inside so that you can easily write a message. And, it makes for a coordinated inside and oustide.  A heavy card for sure, but luckily this one will be hand delivered, not mailed!

Have a HOPPY day! (Sorry for the pun, I just couldn't help myself!)

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Diana said...

Beautiful! My favorite color combo!

Lisa Foster said...

This is so CUTE! Fabulous design!

Chrissy's Creations said...

What a super sweet card, I love it.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Joanne, a totally adorable flopsy card! he is so cute, no wonder you love him! have a fabulous day hugs Linda x

Dawn B. said...

Aww that is so cute that he wanted a card for his girl "friend". Love this card. I really like the paper you chose. I am loving your blog look. I haven't visited for awhile. It's awesome..

Karen Motz said...

This is super cute! I LOVE the out of the box ears and the paper pieced cake!

Lyndall said...

so cute

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your so puny...heheh!!! Hope your having a great time, this is supah cute!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover