Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 18, 2009

A Fun Surprise!!

I've been having fun holding out on a secret that I can finally share!  Several weeks ago, I received an invitation from Anna Wight to work as a Whipper Snapper Featured Designer for the months of May and June!  

I've been about to bust with this news, but was such a good little girl and kept my lip buttoned! I so love Whipper Snapper and Anna's images in particular, and then I saw the newest sets, and let me say, I think they're PERFECT!!  I'm having so much fun already! 

I've got a sample for you with "Swimmin' By" to share with you today.  I think this little submarine is just ever adorable!  I colored the sub with Koh-I-noor pencils for a bright and cheery hue and then added Diamond Glaze to the windows and bubbles to give a glassy effect.  

I cut a frame with my nesties by cutting once with the scalloped circle, then running a smaller sized circle through the center to cut an opening.  I used Kiwi Kiss cardstock and patterned papers from Cosmo Cricket for this cheery and summery birthday card!

I can't wait to see what Anna and the other featured designers have come up with this month!  I have some finishing touches to add to a little chicken card I've got in the works using "Beach Bum" which is the other set that is being released today  

Be sure to hop around and visit the May and June Whipper Snapper Featured Designers:
Julie Campbell

Joanne Basile (that's me!)
SCS Gallery
Blog

Sandra MacLean
SCS Gallery
Blog

Shellie Daniel
SCS Gallery

Tab Robinson
Blog


Anna Wight
SCS Gallery
Blog



19 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kerry Johnson said...

Congrats Joanne! I can't wait to see the rest of your "Anna" cards!! I am so excited for you!

Lisa H. said...

how awesome! looking forward to seeing what you do!

Julie Campbell said...

Your card is SO cute! I love how you made the frame too!

Shannan Teubner said...

Congrats, girlfriend! What a fun release...this card is adorable!

Sandra MacLean said...

Joanne! This is adorable! I love the summery colors and that layout is perfect! :) Really happy to be designing along side you!

Karen Motz said...

Yay Joanne!!! Congratulations!!! This card is ADORABLE and I can't wait to see what else you come up with. :)

Lori Craig said...

Darling - Love the cards, Joanne! Congrats! :)

Melissa said...

Congrats Joanne! I love your card, it is so fun!

Diana said...

Supa cute! My kids watch little einstiens sometimes and they have a sub like this. Awesome!

Ida said...

Congrats on being a Guest Designer. Super Cute card & what perfect DP.

Michelle said...

WOW Joanne, that's great! CONGRATS, their lucky to have you..

Brenda said...

Super cute card! Congratulations on a Guest Designer for Whipper Snapper!! I am excited for you and can't wait to see your wonderful cards.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I saw this cool news on Anna's blog and just had to pop over and say CONGRATULATIONS, Joanne! How exciting! Cute, cute card!

Melanie said...

hip hip hurray! love that fishy paper!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a great card - the colors, the layout, the sentiment and the stamps...thanks for introducing me to another stamp company :>)

Christina Fischer said...

Conrats, girlie!! This card is way too cute! Can't wait to see what else you come up with! :)

Chrissy's Creations said...

Oh wow, I love this card! Super cute and so fun.

Jody Morrow said...

Really cute card! Congrats on being chosen. :)

Amy Sheffer said...

A big congrats, Joanne! Love what you've done here, and can't wait to see what else you do with Anna's awesome stamps!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover