Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 15, 2009

Scrap It!

While unpacking from our trip, I remembered EEKS! My son had a birthday party to attend, and making a card was on my to do list before we left, but I didn't get done.

I grabbed a box of designer paper scraps and rummaged for something boyish...  I had all these blue papers handy at the top of the bin.  And then a quick perusing of my stamps led me to this fun set "Whatever Floats your Boat" from Gina K that hadn't gotten inky in a while... and a quick birthday card was in the works!

No new pieces of cardstock were cut for this project, it was all remnant pieces from other projects.  The skateboard is actually the reverse of a piece of patterned paper that I had handy, I paper pieced that and added some shadows with my Versamarker.  I stamped and cut out a turtle separately which I colored with copics, then gave shine to the shell with Diamond Glaze.

When I'm trying to assemble assorted patterned papers into a card, I like unifying them with stitching.  If I wasn't moving so quickly, I wanted to stitch in a circular motion all around the focal panel, but as timing for the party was tight, I had to skip that step....  

For me, this card is still pretty basic, ordinarily I'd fuss about with extra layers, embellies and the like.  But, given that my house is still in shambles from our long vacation and that we had to get out the door to the party (coupled with the fact that this card is likely already in the trash - gasp!) I had to just keep it simple and get going! It was either that, or have to succumb to my six year olds request for a store bought card from the drug store - YIKES!!!

Since I'm hostessing today's Pot Luck Friday Challenge on Stamp TV today, I figured I'd use scraps as my challenge!  So, grab your scrap pile and meet me over at Stamp TV! Don't forget, all of the daily challenges come with a chance at a free stamp set for one lucky participant!

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Joanna! I think this card is cute!! I've been in those situations as well. Speaking of which, I need a b-day card for my nephew's birthday this wknd. Off to scrounge for masculine papers!

Have a FANTASTIC wknd!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Joanne, this card is so lovely. I love the papers youve used and that fabulous turtle image. Hope you have a fabulous weekend, hugs Linda x

Diana said...

Very Very Very cute! I wish the cards that I spend hours on were as cute as your "last minute" type cards :D

Lana Clarke said...

So pleased I have found your blog Joanne your work is really beautiful
Hugs
Lana x

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover