Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 18, 2009

Blinged Out Notebook - Girly Reading and Writing Set

You may have seen the Reading and Writing Gift Set that I created for my eldest son, but I also created a girly version for one of his best little buddies! 

This time I got to play with my Isabelle Paper Dolls set!  That set is just so sweet, and I love being able to use her in her little dress, or zip her into any number of her "costumes!"  

This uses the My Favorite Things Summer Glitter Collection for the chipboard letters, and also for the chipboard flower.  You can read more about how I coated those pieces with glitter on my MFT How'd They Do That Tutorial HERE.

The kids have been busy each day recording their summer time adventures!  And a friend just spied them and asked if I'd make one up for her daughter who just loved it!  Hooray!

Of course, I needed a card to match right?  This is a coordinating blinged out card that I made for her to celebrate a the successful completion of Kindergarten!  They had such a great year and eeks, it just went by in the blink of an eye!  

To start, I coated a chipboard frame with the glitter and used it to frame a circular punchout stamped with the "Congratulations" from the Congrats All Around Set. I added a paper covered chipboard star with a button and a gingham bow. 

I hope that my son's little friend has enjoyed her little set as much as he's been loving his.  He told me the other day that at the end of the summer he's going to give it to his Kindergarten teacher as a thank you. Which is sweet and all... but, here's a secret.... I'm keeping it!



 

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

judy anderson said...

This is adorable/

Karen Motz said...

What a fabulous girly gift set...LOVE all the bling!

SuperCool CreationS said...

I love it!! His too...are you making them for all the neighborhood kids? If so, sign us up! :)

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute set! :)

Lisa F said...

She most certainly does love it Joanne! Often times, in the middle of doing something fun she'll pause and say, "I'll have to write this in my journal!" Thanks again for such a thoughtful gift.

Jenn Borjeson said...

That is just great, love it!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover