Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 18, 2009

Getting Ready for Fathers Day

I've been so wrapped up with end of school gifts and cards that Father's Day sort of creeped up on me! Eeks!

I created a shadow box for my Father in Law with Guiding Light, so I had a head start.... I just needed to put together a coordinating card to go with.   Which was fantastic because the gift predetermined my color palette for this project! Which of course, is a great jump start on my design process.

I'm going to be really sad when I use up this Parisian Breeze paper because it is my go to favorite paper right now. I use it ALL the time!

I stamped the seagull image from Guiding Light onto watercolor paper with Stazon ink, grabbed some reinkers and a niji waterbrush and started watercoloring.

I luckily have some Nautical Netting leftover - that stuff went like hot cakes over at Gina K Designs.  

Zip, zap stitched and given a quick Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Cardstock liner and one down.

Now, to take care of my husband and my own father.  Better get stamping!

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Joanne! This is really nice. I love the seagull.

I've left a little something for you on my blog... :)

Now I better get to work on my own Father's Day cards!

Punkydoodle Papers said...

This is gorgeous! I love the netting and I'm sad I don't have any! :(

Amaris said...

I am soo excited Father's Day is just around the corner. Just got a beautiful gift from Things Remembered for my dad.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover