Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 19, 2009

Enjoy Life!

I have a new postal carrier, and she rocks.  Whenever I get a package, which is pretty often... she hand carries it to my door versus leaving it in the drive, or down at my mailbox.  I squealed and quite nearly hugged her the other day when I saw that my new goodies from Stamping Bella had arrived.

I couldn't WAIT to ink up this sweet little AmpleeTude with her gorgeous flowing locks, and that tasty ice cream! 

I sorta feel like my hair is this long though right now because I'm in the process of growing out my hair for Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
  
I technically have enough to donate at this point (eight inches is the minimum) but now I've got to decide how much more I'd like to grow it so that I don't end up with a bowl cut! 

So, back to the card I also picked up this fabulous paper from Doodlebug Cherry Cobbler paper. I mean honestly, its pink and green -- eeks, how could I resist that? My sweet little AmpleeTude is stamped with Memento Ink, colored with Copics and then I gave her a little bit of shimmer with a glue pen and some glitter.  

Now, you might remember that its Bellariffic Friday.  And Paula came up with a rockin' sketch this week.  The only problem... I didn't have any stamps that I could get to make all those squares work.  I'll be very interested to see what the girls came up with. 

All my Bella stamps are too big - it would have worked if I could have made a GIGANTIC card! LOL!  But I put my favorite little sentiment to work again, and also played with my fabulous new Blossom shaped Nesties.

In the end, Paula's sketch rocks.. but this card just did not want to come together for me.  I'm posting it to show that I still played along...but more importantly that when I was done, I just had to go back and create something I did really love.   

Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm over to see how the girls looked at that sketch. Meet me over at Blogabella!  

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jody Morrow said...

Beautiful cards! Love them both!

Stefanie said...

It was a tough sketch for sure! I think you did a great job with a scrappy (as opposed to stampy) card though. :)

I love your Ampleetude card. She is so cute.

Tina said...

How very cute!!! Ohhhh is that like Locks for Love, or whatever it's called? Good for you!!

paula said...

Hehe, I didn't even miss that there wasn't a stamped image on here! Can you believe it...all I see is an awesome card in just gorjuss colors! Scrolling through the babe cards and this one was talking to me!

Lauren said...

enjoy life card.... i count 17 layers, conservatively?? that's not counting the inside. hope you don't plan on mailing that usps :)

Tracey said...

So pretty! Love these!

Shannan Teubner said...

These are both adorable, Joanne!! Ya did good on the sketch, sistah!

LindaH said...

For a card that doesn't work for you it sure did work for me...As I was scrolling thru Fridays entries I did a quick stop when I came upon this one! LOVE IT!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover