Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 10, 2009

Get Glittered!

Good morning!!  

I've been covered in glitter the last week.  My husband and my kids have noticed little flecks in my hair or on my face.  If you're a crafter you know that look... the one that says "Ah, have you been working with glitter?" Giggle.

In fact I've been working with a LOT of glitter for the last week working on a How'd they Do That Tutorial for MFT on the Splitcoast Member Company forum. You can find it HERE.

This particular card uses a technique I'd not tried before called "Glitter Window."  All the full details are over on SCS in my tutorial, but the gist of it is that I ran a transparency through my Xyron machine to make it all sticky on one side, and then applied SU's opaque glitter to the sticky side.  My stamped panel is just under that.

My sample uses Boho Blossoms and Behind the Scenes from My Favorite Things.  You can see on my closeup shot how sparkly it is in real life!

You'll be seeing lots of my My Favorite Things glittery creations over the next week.  You'll see I had a lot of fun working with them, and even though I used a TON of glitter, I still have three nearly full glitter pots!  This opaque glitter goes a long way!!

You can see all the MFT Glitters HERE.  

Be sure to check out all the other MFT How'd They Do That Tutorials. So much inspiration and lots of really helpful tutorials!  
Hope you have a wonderful day!


2 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lauren said...

big sister: glitter notwithstanding, this is simple and pretty. i like it. love the red and brown too.

Lori said...

I like this card, but the glitter is still hard to see, irl it must be beautiful. Glitter...all over crafters and elementary school teachers! LOL

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover