Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 8, 2009

Its A Cupcake Kind of Day!

How is it that I'm a cardmaker and never seem to have birthday cards on hand. Seriously

My littlest one had a birthday party to attend for our little twin neighbors and I wanted them to each have their own little card.  It was a fun excuse to get girly and use what I have left of this adorable Bella Boulevarde paper.  And of course, who doesn't love cupcakes... so I reached for this fun and sweet stamp set from My Favorite Things called "Its a Cupcake Kind of Day."

I usually like to paper piece the liner, but this card was already loud enough with all the patterned papers so I went with a standard, kraft colored cupcake liner.

Combined with Jen's Sketch for You to Try from this week, I was on my way!  The frosting is coated with Pink Shimmerz and I of course, had to add a button, gingham bow to the layout!

You may have noticed, but I adore buttons on a project!! I just bought a candy jar at Walmart for FIVE BUCKS! that I'll be adding all my MFT Cup of Buttons to!  If you haven't been over to check them out you can find them HERE.

So, please tell me that I'm not alone and that you too scramble at the last minute to make a card - right?  Or... sadly, it that just me?

Thanks for stopping by today and have a GREAT day!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Allison said...

Super cute card! I love the different papers - they make the cupcake really pop!

Diana said...

Super cute card!! The colors and layers are awesome!

And no, you are not alone. I have I don't even want to guess how many cards in my boxes and I have so few Bday and Thankyou cards. It is just so sad. (Now... that "other" pile - the size of texas!)

Jennie said...

Nope you are not the only one, I am often scrambling for the perfect card :o))

Your card is adorable, love the cupcake and your colors!

michib said...

Great Card!
Oh no, you're not alone. I'm still a 'beginner' but it seems I have many 'thank you' and 'thinking of you' cards but no Birthday cards. But that's okay, it allows me to really make the card personalized.

Melody said...

Cute card Joanne! Love the bright, fun colors! And no you are not the only scrambling for the right card!

Tracey said...

What a yummy card! Love it!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover