Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 2, 2009

Getting Green with MFT!

This week I'm the hostess of the My Favorite Things - My Favorite Challenge over on Splitcoast.

Christina had this fun idea of having everyone re-use something from their house to create this week's project after an amazing project by Barbara a few weeks ago. 

I hope you'll hop on over to this week's Chat and Chatter thread and play in this week's challenge as well as the weekly sketch challenge!!  Don't forget, there are prizes awarded for both!

I sifted through my storage area and found an old Prima package.  I pulled out the insert and recovered it with this fun striped paper from Scenic Route. Then added a bellyband and tied around some ivory ribbon.  

Then I reused again.  I had purchased these Memory Glass pieces and Frames to make Christmas ornaments (and sadly never did...)  So I added one as a charm, and added magnetic tape (leftover from another project) and tied that onto the packaging.  Lastly, I filled it with Hershey Kisses (ahem, leftover from another project....figured if I gifted them I'd stop EATING them right?)

Then of course, I had leftover papers, so what better for a re-use it theme, but to create a 3x3 gift card while I was at it.  What a perfect way to use up your scraps, and really at that point, the papers, stamps and colors are all pre-determined.... For the card I stamped the blossom twice with Pink Pirouette ink, then sponged all the edges.  I punched out just the center of the flower, crinkled, sponged and added it with a pop dot. Then added a button to the center.  I wrapped each of the petals around my paper piercer and rolled them forward for extra dimension. 

For a fun scalloped edge, I stamped Setting the Stage with Memento ink to some designer paper and then trimmed it out.  Such a fun, quick and easy little detail.  I've got to remember that more often!

So, dig into your extras, forage around your house and put your findings to use in a project! We'd love to have you stamp with us this week! 

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover