Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 3, 2009

On Cloud Nine

Looking at this card, you might think you're in the wrong place... its missing my normal background.  I had to give up my regular means of photography for a light box this week.
  
There has been a *serious* lack of natural light at my house. Its been raining for days and it was killing me to take pictures of cute cards and have them come out dark and dreary.

I usually only have this much trouble with photography in March, and hello, its July.  So, lightbox it is. I will say that its a handy thing, and certainly got me a much brighter photo than I'm used to.  Just seems strange to me to not have my sitting room in the background.  Maybe its just a matter of what I'm used to.....but I'm curious to know what you think.....

This is the Bellariffic sketch for the week, drawn up by Linda Heavens.  This was super fun to work with, and was just the right size for my new "Altee'Tude" 'from Stamping Bella.  I reached for my new little addiction, My Minds Eye paper.  I've been working on my straight stitching.  I haven't used the old go to, my friend the Zig-Zag the last week or so.  

I have a confession, I always have a hard time with pieces of images that should be white.  This time I decided I'd color with my BG10 all around the cloud, and leave it mostly white.  There is a touch of W1 to give it a little depth.  

The sentiment is largely hidden by my bow/button combo but reads "On cloud nine" I noticed while I was editing that it was tucked in behind, but didn't want to pull out all the apparatus to re-shoot.  Hope you'll forgive me as I learn some new tricks!

Till then, be sure to hop on over to visit Blogabella to see what all my friends the Babes came up with for this week's sketch!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Is this ever GORGEOUS, girl!!! I think you just sold me on that image. I love the brightness of the photo; but I always like your photos before as well. I know...so helpful, aren't I!? :) Look outside..quick...the sun is shining...

Shannan Teubner said...

This is beautiful, Joanne! I love love love it!

Jodi Collins said...

This is just GORGEOUS girl!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this new Bella stamp and that paper is DELISH!!!! I love the brightness too but I like your sitting room more :) Hugs!!

Lisa H. said...

this is sooooo beautiful! that sketch just rocks and of course the paper is deee-lish! love it!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

OMG..........gorgeous card....absolutely love all the papers you used....truly lovely

Jody Morrow said...

GORGEOUS! WOWZERS! I always LOVE the papers you use!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I think the photo is stunning and it shows off your FABULOUS work perfectly!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover