Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 24, 2009

Happy Friday Little Turtle!


Happy Friday! Happy Bellariffic Friday that is! I'm always happy when I find an excuse to stamp a little Turtle love to share with you all, and I picked up this adorable cowboy from the Turtle Tots line in my most recent order from Stamping Bella.

I grabbed a handful of greens and browns to color up this little buddy, then hunted down some paper to work with the sketch the next day. For me its always a bit more of a challenge to do it that way, but that's why they call it a *challenge* right?

Lucky I had some of this fun patterned paper from Scenic Route tucked into the bottom of one of my paper bins, and it seemed just right for the project! For the circular element, I created one of those paper medallions by scoring back and forth with my Scor Pal, but then crumpled it a little bit for some texture.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, be sure to head on over to visit Blogabella to see all of the fantabulous submissions for this week's fun sketch!

Thanks for stopping by today!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

just right, IS right! that paper is darling and so is Mr. Turtle. love it.

Karen Wilson said...

He's so cute! Wow, your coloring is fantastic. I do the same, I color THEN hunt for matching paper! It does make more of a challenge, that's for sure!

TFS!

Karen Motz said...

Super cute Joanne! LOVE all the patterns you pulled together.

Tracey said...

Oh my! This is just too cute Joanne!

Danni said...

So very cute!

Shannan Teubner said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this, Joanne! That circle piece is adorable!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute!

Unknown said...

OMG - that's the cutest thing ever! I love the DSP and your little medallion. Way cute!

Basement Stamper said...

Love that turtle and the colors you chose for your card. Great job!

Unknown said...

Just so adorable Jo!! Great dp and beautiful coloring! :)

Anonymous said...

This is my fav outta the bunch!! I love the way you did your circle...I was sorta stumped and used a button!! lol I love these turtles!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover