Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 27, 2009

Sweet Bike Ride....

Good morning! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We went to visit my parents at the beach and brought our bikes along. The boys had a blast riding on the bike trails, Nantucket is loaded with them, and my eldest had a little lesson in avoiding the sandy patches on the side of the road (ouch!)

I only wish I looked as cute at this on my bike, but the helmet sort of ruins the look. giggle. Guess that's why the stamp is called "I wish I looked so good on a bike-abella"

Although my knees are killing me today, its fun to have an activity that we all enjoy. The little guy rides along on the back of a "bicycle built for two" attached to the back of my husband's bike. Really, a fabulous invetion! And, now that we've all got the bikes, it doesn't cost anything - unlike our winter family activity - skiing that racks up quite a bill!!

Of course, the greenie in me just has to say that bikes are a fantastic mode of transportation, no gas use, no emissions and parking is a piece of cake!

I added a bit of kiwi kiss scalloped edging to my card, and used a trick I learned from my friend Lisa's blog, just tug up each scallop a little bit forward to give a little dimension and interest to your layout. I'm running low on this My Minds Eye paper, so it looks like I need to go find a new favorite?

Emily will be posting this week's sketch a little later today. If you haven't already hopped on over there to see the samples for last week's sketch you won't want to miss it!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Just darling, Joanne! Or should I say 'Roomie'! Can't wait to see you SOON!!! Btw, you know I'm soooo jealous of your preppy heaven trip to Nantucket... ;)

Shannan Teubner said...

I wish I looked so good, too! I love it!

Jody Morrow said...

OMG, SO cute!

Sheri said...

One of my all-time favorite Bella! Love her and you colored her prefectly too!

AKiteFlier said...

Super cute Bella and overall card is adorable - loved your biking stories - Nantucket - wow what a great place to bike! :-)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute...I so want to get a bike! I miss the one I had awhile back and it is so much more fun than walking!!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Adorable card - love the image and your coloring is wonderful. And that paper looks so great with my favorite sofa and pillows behind it! Nantucket is great, but I'm a Vineyard girl! My family has a house up there, so we'll be going in September after the crowds are gone. Enjoy!

Christyne said...

This is just super cute! I wish I looked so good on a bike too!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover