Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 15, 2009

TCP Tuesday - Love is In the Air

Good morning! Its TCP Tuesday again, and this week, our Hipster Hostess with the Mostess is Toni! She's got a fun one for you today, which is to use at least three circles, embossing and bling.

I went for an extra circle in my project, using a fun chipboard diecut. First I marked the position of the four holes onto a piece of patterned paper, then punched them out with a hand punch. Then adhered the patterned paper to the chipboard and sanded all the edges. I chose three of the smaller images to place within the circular punch outs. The little love note is popped up on dimensionals and all the hearts are coated with clear glaze pen for some extra shine in real life. All the images are part of a really adorable set titled "Puppy Love" from The Cat's Pajamas!

You probably can't see my embossing on this card, so I'll have to tell you that I didn't cheat. My card is heat embossed. I overstamped the pink patterned paper with a little heart background which is included in the set. Those sorts of details get lost in photography, but make for a fun little detail in real life.... you'll just have to trust me on that one. *giggle*

Now, the other detail of the challenge is bling. I know, its crazy, and there is probably some crafting rule that I'm supposed to love the stuff, but I just never use it. I was going to count my glaze pen on the hearts and glittered wings on the love note for my bling, but figured since my attempt at embossing was **lame** that I should give it another go. So, I anchored each of the four corners with some self adhesive rhinestones. Today's the day that I'm going to go find myself some of that pretty self adhesive shaped bling that I'm seeing all my rockstar friends using, because, honestly, it would have come in handy today.

Since I've already written a book today, I'll just tell you that you can find the full details of today's challenge on Toni's blog. You have until Saturday at midnight to submit your entry for your chance to be crowned this month's Swanky Stamper!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover