Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 13, 2009

Snow Fun...

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Ours was wonderful, but wowza do I need a weekend to recover from my weekend...

So, I picked up a white glittered chipboard alphabet at Michael's a few weeks ago, and I've been dying to make a card with it...I tell you, I've been bit by the glitter bug lately hey? Thanks for indulging me! I've got the glittered alpha, silver glitter on the trees and a shiny snow effect by adding clear glitter to my liquid applique before "puffing" it.

To adorn my trees, I added my silver glitzy glitter to the trees using a glue pen, and then once that was dry, I coated each of the trees with Diamond Glaze for a fun effect that I'm calling "faux-poxy" I love all those fun epoxy charms that you see in the store, but I never know how I'd incorporate them into a project, so I always leave them behind... and spend my money on paper or ribbon.

So I instead, I mimicked that effect by adding a heavy coat of glaze. I just love the extra dimension and shine.

I added the tiny sentiment banner "let it" Using my Karen Foster snap stamps (boy, I haven't put those to use in ages!) This sweet three little trees image is from Stamping Bella. This patterned paper, which I totally adore is the Joyride Collection from Collage Press.

This week's Bellariffic challenge is "Faux or Sew" - if you love your sewing machine (like I do!) or if you're super brave and would venture to actually sew with a needle and thread on your project then sew it up! If per chance that's not your bag, you can add handmade charm to your project with faux sewing! Submit your stitched project to Emily by Thursday of this week to be included in this week's Bellariffic Friday!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover