Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 6, 2009

Snowy Mornings....

We got our first snow storm of the season last night. There isn't a TON of snow, but its enough to make me want to laze about in my PJ's this morning. The boys are itching to get outside... I've been able to quell them with a little bit of Wii Sports resort. And, I put together a snowy little card. I think its just soooo cozy looking eh?

The color palette is inspired by this week's Tuesday Trigger for Moxie Fab World. This adorable bear from "Give a Little" at The Cat's Pajamas is in a shake it pouch, and there's micro beads and a bit of polar white flower soft in there. Its sort of bugging me that the snow gets all stuck up the sides, but I'm trying to convince myself that its just snowing inside his little snow globe - right?

I'm still loving the button cluster with glittered snowflakes. I hope I'm not boring you to tears with them.

After getting Mr Bear all settled inside his globe, I distress inked allt he edges of the nestie backing and tugged each scallop forward. I love the little extra bit of dimension that it adds to rumple those edges a little.

Do you go on a little jag with the same "things" in your design? I know that I do... right now, you know my new deal, glittered snowflakes. In fact, I just ordered some new snowflake dies so that I can make new sizes of them. So, I'm afraid this little jag of mine might be lasting a bit longer. I'm also on a distress ink binge lately... I've run out two of those little spots from Paper Trey. *giggle*

So here's my question for YOU on this snowy morning. What's your current design jag?

Have a great day today, I'm off to find snow boots, pants and get outside with the little ones. I've lazed about as long as I can get away with....

23 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Joanne! I love it!

Unknown said...

this is fabulous, joanne! definitely one of my faves for this week! love that red against the kraft...heck, i love everything about it! LOL! awesome job!

Brandi said...

So cute! I love it!

Dee said...

Super adorable card Joanne. I was going to ask. What if you took a bounce sheet or dryer sheet and rubbed it all over the inside of the globe before you add the fluff. Would that help? Anways I love this image. Very festive. Current jig in my house is baking cookies lol wish I had more time for paper playing.

farmhouse-story said...

omg--this is adorable!

Unknown said...

Joanne, this is just wonderful! I love all the lovely details!

Anonymous said...

Adorable, truly adorable!

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! This is sweet! love your bow and coloring! Such a cute bear too!

Linda said...

eek adorable!! can i ask, what copics did u use to color that sweet bear?!?

Christina Fischer said...

Oh, how CUTE!!! I'm loving your glittery snowflakes! :)

Lori Craig said...

Love this little guy - so darling, Joanne...so, so darling!

Kelly Ellis (kraftykelly) said...

Beautiful as usual my dear. My current obsession is adding buttons and extra thick dimensionals... I love how the cards "pop" and the buttons looks so smooth and crisp...

KanataNewf said...

what an adorably sweet card.

Punkydoodle Papers said...

So sweet Joanne! I'm with you on staying in your pj's! Hope you enjoyed your day! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Ooh! This is Adorable! I love it!!!

Karen Motz said...

He's totally cute and there's so much detail to look at...LOVE it!!!

Lisa H. said...

this is wonderful! we love Sport resort too and got a little snow and ALOT of ice this morning! for me, I can't put down my MS, loopy punch, buttons and lots of stitching! hope your Monday is great!

Winter said...

So cute! Love the teddy bear!:)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Joanne! This is such a cute take on this week's Tuesday Trigger! Thanks for playing along! :)

Mary Marsh said...

this card is so cute-the dsp is perfect with this image

Unknown said...

Too cute! Love the ribbon and the little details!

Keith and Kim Kesti said...

That's just about the sweetest thing I've seen!
Kim Kesti
Go-to Gal

paula said...

man...see what happens when I get busy with 'stuff'...I miss seeing this and now I am just enjoying and I wanna scoop them all up and just stare at them. Your cards are awesome Joanneabella!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover