Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 5, 2010

I stuck to the sketch!!

Hello and Happy Friday!

I'm excited that today I've got my first lesson with my new sewing machine! I've bee able to fool around and figure out the basics, but I'm excited to learn all that it can do!

Then today's plans include helping out with lunch duty at the elementary school, and a trip to the Post Office to ship out some packages - I know, seriously exciting stuff! LOL!

This week's Bellariffic challenge was a sketch provided by Shannan. I rifled through the paper bins, and settled on this My Minds Eye Abbey Road paper that I've had for a long time, but hadn't touched. (shame!!)

I'm always wishing I had the other size oval nesties, so that my layers were in closer increments, but today, I found a new solution... I aged all the edges with my tea dye ink, and then very slowly, added a stitched line all around the embossed line of the oval. Sort of fills in that space.... I seriously love those little fun finds, don't you??

I paper pieced the bottom half of the Rumball with Candle with a piece of kraft cardstock, then colored the top with Copics, and gave a heavy coat of Glaze pen.

I hope you'll pop on over to Blogabella to see all the samples from the team this week, and I always love seeing who's played along! Next week's challenge is to create a Valentines project! Easy peasy! And goodness, knows I have about a ZILLION to make in the next week... so I'd better get started!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Allison said...

Great card. Love the stitiching!

Shannan Teubner said...

Love this, sistah! MWAH!

The Spotted Chick said...

OMG!! I LOVEEE it!! Love the pink and all the stitching too. This is GREAT Joanne!

Tasha said...

This is really fab, love the torn paper and the fab image - great colours too
love tasha xx

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Joanne! What kind of sewing machine did you get? I've been thinking about getting the Janome sew mini - was that one not working for you?

paula tracy williamson said...

I gotta pull my kraft paper back out again...this is so sweet Joanne!!!!!!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

That stitching around the oval is just right!!! I know exactly what you mean about the increments being a little too large sometimes. Great card!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuu! Fabulous card. The sewing is looking amazing. Great work & congrats on your new machine!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover