Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 27, 2010

Cheers for You!!

I have a boatload of graduation cards to get working on, and I was thinking today how much I've missed my sweet Turtle Tots from Stamping Bella. I reached for an assortment of Pure Poppy (from PTI) and white accents (my cousin's high school colors) and Jen del Muro's fun sketch from the weekend and got to work.

When you've got a sketch to follow and a color palette in mind, I find that a card comes together in a heartbeat! I was able to crank this out while the boys watched a little Harold and the Purple Crayon (a perfect rest-time show if you ask me...)

The trickiest element for me on this card was the buttons. I have a million different buttons, but not so many identical ones. I remembered my old SU button collections and grabbed three matchy ivory ones, centered them on 3/4 punchouts of Pure Poppy paper and then gave them a quick stitch into place with my The Cat's Pajamas button twine.

A quick PS for you is that I grabbed the sentiment from one of my MFT PI's (...book in hand...)

Have a great day!!

14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracy said...

Could this be any cuter??? OMG I love this Joanne!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Such a darling, colorful and feel good card! Love the two ribbons and the pencil flower center! :)

LindaH said...

aaaaawe! i've been missing these turtles!

Allison said...

Great card! Love the pencil and paper look on there!

Chris said...

love the red paper but the "boyfriend" dp flower is just the best accent. it rocks

Jackie Pedro said...

This is flippin' adorable, Joanne!!

Unknown said...

joanne...this is too stinkin' cute! LOVE IT!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Super cute!!!

Christy said...

Oh my word!!!!!!!!!! CUTE :) :) :)

Patti J said...

Your card is so sweet! Love those bright, vivid colors! The sentiment reminds me of a funny story. MANY years ago (42), I was in a beauty contest. I lost because we spelled congratulations as you have it on your card for our float in the city parade! How funny....I haven't thought about that in AGES! Thanks for the smile this morning - Great job!

Karen McAlpine said...

What a cute card! I love that turlte. The buttons look great...good idea layer them with paper. Thanks for sharing.

Christina Fischer said...

This card just makes me smile!! It's SO adorable and happy! :)

Mary Marsh said...

thsi is such a great grad card-love the ruled paper dp you used-and your image is too sweet

Jody Morrow said...

OMG that is GORGOEOUS> The colors and coloring make that cute little tot jump right off the page

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover