Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 25, 2010

Preschool Fashions - How Inspiring!

If you've been reading here a while, you might know that by day, I'm a home daycare provider. I have the sweetest little bunch that come - some for a half day playdate, some afterschool. I continue to be inspired by the adorable things that they wear - I'm always jotting down notes from their graphic t's, or trendy little color combinations that they've put together.

Actually, I'll let you know that whenever I'm shopping, I'm always loading the iPhone up with photo inspirations, colors that look great together in stacks of sweaters, or when I notice hot new trends in the stores.... snapshot reminder.

So, with this photo for inspiration, and my Die-namic dies from MFT, I got to work searching through my patterned paper bins.

And, it didn't take me more than a few minutes to pull together just the papers for this job.

See, I would never have thought to use green for the background, except for the fact that it was SO eye catching on that little t-shirt. Fun!

I diecut the felted clouds twice and stacked them together for extra puffiness (is that a word?) and with a quick bit of linen thread, I hand stitched a quick border all around them.

I don't know why I don't reach for a clear cardstock card base more often, because I just love this.

A quick trim with MFT's Die-namic Scalloped Scallops with a bit of denim (because miss sweetie pie was wearing a pair of jeans to go with this cutie-t)


So here's what I want to know, where do YOU go for your inspiration, what's your favorite source?

Have a WONDERFUL day, and please stop by my challenge for a chance at goodies from TCP and MFT! You'll see all the details HERE


12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kerry Johnson said...

ACK!! This is beyond fabulous!! I love the printed green paper - gives it such a fun look! LOVE IT!

Cassie_lu said...

This is so cute and what a great shirt to get inspiration from.

Lisa H. said...

you're amazing! love this! and I thought you were going to tell us you made that shirt! LOVE the card-it's perfect!

Jennifer said...

I love rainbows! This card is too CUTE!!

Kathy Martin said...

Cool card inspiration! Turned out ADORABLE! :)

kim.mom said...

How ADORABLE!!! I love it! Looks like it would have taken forever to make! Love the touch of denim!

Christyne said...

This is just ADORABLE and I TOTALLY do the same thing with my iPhone!

Marisa said...

This is darling!

Christy said...

WOW!!!!! This is so fan-tabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris said...

I love that card, the tee shirt didn't do it for me, go figure.
Inspiration - you said it, it's everywhere you look, sometimes it's been in front of you forever and you don't notice it, then one day it just screams in your face, "look at me".
Advertisements (print ads in magazines and commercials on TV) are a great source for new ideas.

Jessie/knightrone said...

So CUTE!!

Jody Morrow said...

Oh my goodness, are you clever! SO cute!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover