Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 23, 2010

...just a little challenge (and blog candy) - A Half a Million Reasons.....

A half a million. Really? That's how many times my little blog has been visited! Its just incredible to me, and I can't thank all of YOU enough for coming by to visit me, to give me such sweet compliments on my work. My heart is filled with gratitude for every sweet thing you all have said to me and of course you company on this incredible journey!

So today, I have a half a million reasons to say THANK YOU and to do so, I'm hostessing a ...just a little challenge... This time it is a "Sketch Plus Three" challenge....


Now the sketch part is easy, and the Plus Three part is where you get to add in just a little something to your project, and if you ask me, that's where the FUN comes in.

And I've got a bevy of elements to select from for your "Plus Three" - to play along you'll choose three (or even more if you'd like) of the following elements to include on your project:
  • gingham
  • text printed papers
  • ledger paper
  • twill
  • kraft paper
  • denim
  • stitching
  • bling
  • paper piecing
Now for the FUN part! MFT and TCP have both generously agreed to sponsor this celebration! So, for playing along, you'll automatically be entered into a drawing for a $25 gift certificate to BOTH The Cat's Pajamas and My Favorite Things!

I've got two samples to share with you, and though they use the same exact sketch, I love how it totally changes the card!

The first is my TCP sample using Smells Like Cake. My "Plus Three" for this first card are denim, black bling, gingham and sewing. (I've sewn the denim in place, and physically sewn that button into place on the card.) Poochie's birthday treat has been given a quick coat of glaze pen. Another fun detail on this card, is that I "upcycled" a corrugated cardboard piece for my scallop element. I LOVE the extra bit of detail that it gives, and its a fun way to incorporate scallops into a masculine card!MFT Die-namics.


And here's my second sample this time using MFT's Pure Innocence: Birthday Princess, same sketch, but with a totally different take on the "Plus Three"- this incorporates a stitched scraplet, paper piecing, gingham, twill tape and text papers too. Can you see I {heart} my Die-namics and I've used the jumbo scallop on this card as well.


You are welcome to enter the contest as many times as you'd like, but you can only list new creations (not link up something that you'd made previously that happens to qualify). You'll add a direct link to your project (which you'll post to your blog or online gallery of choice) using InLinks below - love this new linking system that pops a little picture of your project right here! Fun stuff!

The winner will be selected at random on Monday, May 31st at 9:30 AM. I can't WAIT to see what you create!



Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover