Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 23, 2010

Sundays are So Sweet....

Can I just say that one of my favorite "to do's" each week is to work on something fun for the Sweet Sunday Sketch. This week, I decided that a scrappy little card was just what the sketch required.

And, the sketch actually "required" that I get my hands on some Zva bling swirls that I've been wanting forever (okay, it wasn't actually a mandatory, but in my mind, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it....)

My new Zva bling was accompanied of by this Basic Grey Basics which I've been simply *dying* to get my hands on. Thanks to Ellen Hutson for the fabulously quick shipping!!

Three quick squares from October Afternoon's Go Fly a Kite and of course a bunch and bunch of stitching. I am loving scrappy little cards lately!

This little stamp set "Thanks a Bunch" from My Favorite Things has come to the rescue for me in a huge way lately. I swear, there is no more needed card than a thank you card, right?

Be sure to swing by Karen's blog to see her take on the sketch - you'll want to be sure to whip something up and add to her inLinks for a chance to have your card featured on her blog this weel. And of course, blurf around to see all the girls on the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team!

Have a wonderfully Sweet Sunday everyone!!

19 Comments    Post a Comment:

Nancy Riley said...

Stunning! I love the pearled swirl ... just gorgeous!

Carolina said...

Just wow!!! Beautiful use of the pearl swirls.

Denise Marzec said...

Sounds like a good excuse to me, lol! Beautiful card, Joanne!

Karen Giron said...

Ok, that button?? FAB!!! Love that little touch and your pearls - sooo elegant and I love how you put some over the square too. This is fantastic!! I just need to get me some of those Zva bling swirls and "find" and excuse to use them too!

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty, Joanne! Love the addition of that fab dp for the squares. I, too, have some pearls like this and have never used them. Seems like a good time to pull them out of the bag!

Pam Speidel said...

Fabulous take on the SSSC! You've inspired me to play along and use some of my BLING! Love this!

Chris said...

whoa, very shabby chic cool. love the bling.

Sylvia Blum said...

oh wow.. this is amazing! LOVE your card and the swirls are soooo beautiful *sigh*
Sylvia

Lynn Put said...

JoAnne I love your scrappy little card! The color blocks of designer paper, stitching and swirls of pearls all look fabulous!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is amazing Joanne!! Love the little scrappy squares and the fabulous pearls and the cute button and that BG paper.....just PERFECT in every way!!!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous, joanne! love the colors, the dp, and that pearl flourish...PERFECTION!

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! Love the mix of patterned papers, the distressing and all those pearls! :)

Selene Kempton said...

Most elegant! This is beautiful!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the attention to detail!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the colored blocks....and the white pearl flourishes are a perfect touch!

♥♥♥Lea

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend!!!! This is stunning, I love it!

jjcreations said...

Awesome card - love the swirl of pearls.

Marsha Fisher said...

Beutiful color combo with the elegant pearls :-)

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a beauty!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover