Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 20, 2010

May's DD/DDA Challenge

Once a month, the girls Splitcoast Dirty Dozen (and Alumnae) get together for a fun little challenge. This month, hostessed by my sweet friend Bev, (My Dirty Dozen Roomie...) She's challenged us to use buttons! Which is perfect, because I pretty much love them.

Now, I know there will be a million ways to use those fun and inspiring ways to use them today... however, I've only used two pretty little blue ones on my card. My advice, is just sew those babies right into place. I can't stand when they wiggle around!

The restricted element this month is anything black... and I thought I'd done it right, using brown ink, brown cardstock, and even a dark brown rhinestone swirl... but look closely, I goofed. Check out the color printing on the phonebook page. Yikes. Black ink. (Ugh....)

I use a piercing tool to poke the holes through, and then just stitch right through anchoring them firmly into place. Takes but a second, and you don't have to worry about any embellishments going astray!

Sentiment is from MFT's Clearly Sentimental about You, and eagle eyes... I'm sure you spied my MFT Die-namic Jumbo Scallops to cut through some cork. You might notice that I've actually used a folded up paper lunch sack on my project as well. (I just ran all the edges through my sewing machine to hold it together.)

Of course you'll also find my new go to element - twill tape - hope you're not sick of it, because I just ordered more! YEAH!

So, that fun and quirky element of the phone book (which made me break the rules of the challenge....) was added in keeping with Jessica Witty's challenge this week. What a fun idea, because usually that little number would have gone into the recycling bin this week... now its on my crafty shelf! At long last, I finally picked up a self adhesive rhinestone swirly thing - I've only admired them for months now, and finally remembered to add one to my shopping cart!

Be sure to check out all the Dirty Dozen and Alumnae samples today over on this Splitcoast Gallery - there will be new samples added throughout the day!

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tasha said...

Joanne this is so beautiful! Love the paper and the gorgeous coek board! The stamp is relly precious
love tasha xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Joanne this is GORGEOUS girl!!! Love that phonebook idea!!

Allison Rankin said...

Super fab...love the cork!

Kathy Martin said...

awwwwww....great card! Love the quote and the phone book page! :)

Bev said...

Super duper fab! Love the phone book page (I loved seeing that the other day too!! Shocker!), lunch sack, ribbon, swirly do, BUTTONS, and FINE the WHOLE ENCHILADA! :) I love it , sweets!

Debbie said...

Joanne ... this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melody said...

I just LOVE this!! Just so creative! I love the scrappy cards you have been making lately!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

gorgeous!!!!!!!!! such talent my friend and you're such a inspiration!!

xoxoxo

Chris said...

Maybe the phone book uses dark gray ink

Lynne Phelps said...

I adore the wonderful mix of elements on this card! I was wondering where you purchase your twill tape, and if the kind you use is all cotton? I have never used twill tape before, but every time I see your creations I am more and more convinced that I need a LOT of it. The kind I see in the sewing section at my local Wal-Mart is a cotton/poly blend and that does not seem right. There is no fabric shop here so I'll have to order some in bulk from somewhere! Love you blog, love your creations, and keep the twill tape coming!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover