Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 18, 2010

MFT VIP: Preppy and Green

I'm hoping that you've joined me from Jessie's blog as part of MFT's VIP hop - but if not, you'll want to start up at Kim's place so that you don't miss a BIT of the action! Because seriously people, am I ever so excited about this month's VIP kit from My Favorite Things!

You may know if you've been reading here a while, that I'm pretty obsessed with fresh, local and organic produce. We also participate in a local crop share at a family farm, routinely attend local farmers market, and yes, I even have a (gross I know) compost bin in my backyard to keep scraps out of food out of the municipal water system (aka, not in the garbage disposal!)

I'll hop off my soap box a moment and show you why I'm talking about all this on a crafty blog.....

Yes, I'm embracing my green geekiness, I'll admit that yes, I fully love my reusable shopping bags, and have an assortment of them, some functional, and some just totally cute.

If you have a burning desire to know why, I'll tell you.....I love that I can carry in four or five totes, a weeks worth of food from the store - they're sturdy, practical and hello... don't end up in the trash! I can remember having a trunk FULL of those crappy plastic ones, which would always rip to pieces and groceries falling to the ground. Or, having to make, oh seven trips back and forth to lug all the food into the house. Seriously, who needs that?

But also, I love that they just go right back into my car for the next trip, and that we don't have to throw a thing away, or hunt for the correct recycling bin at the store to take them back. And yes, every little bit counts. Nice.

You'll see that I paper pieced these bags with one of my favorite papers, and added in some ivory, twill handles. See, you can be a preppy princess and still be a greenie!! This is only one of the images in this FUN set. I have another card using the other image, but I'm saving it for the release! (So mean. I know.) However, I know that lots of girls on the team will be using that other image today, so I know you're in good hands!

Now, since it is VIP time, I'll remind you that this set is available TODAY ONLY and in limited quantities - after that, it will not be available until the official release in early June.

The other reason that I'm thrilled about this VIP Kit is that it includes a product that I've been dying for Kim to add to the store TWILL. Hooray! The Twill Ribbon collection that is included in this month's kit has three different widths, and let me say, it is amazing. And, just like last month, this month's VIP Kit will include a new, un-released Die-namic die which will not be officially released until June 2nd! How super fun is that??

If you've stayed with me this long, seriously, you deserve a medal, but you'll want to be SURE to head right on over to visit Julie Dinn as I know she's got something fabulous cooked up for you!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to treat yourself to this month's VIP kit from MFT, I can't wait to see your green girl in action!

29 Comments    Post a Comment:

Cindy Haffner said...

Hey Joanne Fab card, love your stitches.

StampOwl said...

fabulous card Joanne

Christina Fischer said...

I LOVE this, my green friend! :)

Kelli Hull said...

JEssie said your lil skinny butt was used in this stamp set for ideas!!! Is there truth to this rumor??? LMAO

GREAT CArd!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

I'm so excited about the twill too!! Darling card. I need to remember to paper piece like you do--in order of dimension. DUH! Love it!!

Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha said...

Joanne this is really pretty! I love the clours of this card and the funky papers! The image is great fun! I too love reuseable shopping bags, i have so many though that i bought just because they are pretty lol
love tasha xx

Rycrafty said...

I just want to say, don't apologize for compost heaps! They aren't gross!

Katie said...

Absolutely awesome! I grew up in the NW where being green is nothing new. However, where I am now it's amazing how much waste there is! I'm super stoked for this set!

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous! Love the beautiful papers!

Anonymous said...

I am with you girl!! I love my recycle bags and have all different ones too! Plastic sucks and I don't even miss them! I wish we had a compost bin! They are tough to come by here! Oh ya, love the card too!

Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja said...

Hey Joanne, I am thrilled to hear that I am not the only loony bird that truly LOVES her reusable totes! LOL! I bought four new ones at Trader Joes the other day and I was smiling from ear to ear for the rest of the day!:0)

Raven said...

I love your card! I have been so tempted to try stitching like you have done here...

Lisa H. said...

great papers, Joanne! and I LOVE my re-useable bags too. It's fun to be GREEN

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome, Joanne! Love the papers you used, fun patterns!
LOL I love my re-usable shopping bags too!

Tracey said...

Just gorgeous Joanne!

g said...

super adorable! how do you make those amazing wavy stitch lines? so cool! i too love my reusable grocery bags but mine are not as cute as these! awesome card & we all want to know how you modeled for this set LOL!

Sherrie said...

This is super sweet Joanne! I am sure you have the cutest tote bags too!

Susan said...

Such a cute card! We, too, have been recycling before it was "cool". So love this idea!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Joanne! I'm loving those papers and that layout!

Amy Rohl said...

Lovin' those paper, J! I also love reading your blog chatter--just like we're back in FL!

Julie said...

Gorgeous Joanne! I love the papers you used, the bags are fabulous! Your stitching is fabulous as usual!

Jennifer said...

GREAT card! The the DP and paper piecing!!

Melody said...

Great papers and layout! I need to try stitching the way you did.

Allison said...

Gorgeous card! Love the dp! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has some reusable bags just because they are pretty!

Jennie Lin Black said...

love those bags.

Michelle said...

so cute!

Tami said...

This card is gorgeous. SO glad I found your blog today. You are very talented.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome work Joanne!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover