Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 24, 2010

Happy B-Day!!


Oh my goodness, how fun is this little Surprise Birthday Blog Hop we've put together for my very sweet friend Alma - the owner of The Cat's Pajamas?

If you've just tripped across the hop, you'll want to start up at Amy's place, because after all, she's our Hostess with the Mostess this week! If you hopped on over from Carole's blog, then you're in just the right place!

The challenge was to incorporate something "woody" into our projects this week, and of course, we're all making birthday cards for Alma. It just so happened, that I had just the right material on hand because last week a shopping excursion my buddy Karen spied this amazing wood veneer paper. FUN!

All of the patterned papers are from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop, and I've done all my matting in ivory (my usual kraft bases were a little blah with the wood-grain paper...)

This sweet little bee girl is from Hearts and Flowers (and I totally love this image....) to complement our birthday theme, I stamped out and diced up the Happy Birthday sentiment from "Smells Like Cake" and subbed in a chipboard letter B for the middle portion of the sentiment.

Now, not only is this a little blog hop, it is also an invitation from all of us, to all of YOU to stamp up a little something to help celebrate Alma's birthday.

Play along with us and add your own design to your Splitcoast Gallery using keywords TCPTues111 or to your blog and then use the Inlink button at the bottom of Alma's post to add your design to this page. You could be eligible to be the next Swanky Stamper of the Month and win 25 smackeroos, that's $25 in Cat's Cash.

The next stop on tonight's Birthday Blog Hop for Alma is Julee Tilman!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Amy Rohl said...

Oh, just stop it...there are just too many stinkin' cute things here, J! Love the wood, the dotted paper, the chipboard 'b'...awesome!

Chris said...

OMG, I have to go leave my best wishes for Alma.

Leigh OBrien said...

This is so great, Joanne, and so amazingly YOU in style. I truly do wanna be YOU when I grow up...that's when I'm not being Amy. Ack...well, Gemini's do have split personalities!

Karrie Baker said...

So cute Joanne!!

Alma de la Rosa said...

This card is just the cutest thing. I love everything about it, especially the artist. Thank you!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

awww Joanne this is a real special cutie!!! I LOVE how you did the sentiment and the little detail with the button and bow - precious!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just so fantastic! Love the scallops, the chipboard b, the little ribbon tab.... everything is just perfection!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I agree with Amy -- I can't even "b"-gin to list all of the cute and clever details on this spectacular card! It screams "JO" so loudly, I have to turn the volume down on my computer so as not disturb the neighbors! Glorious, girlie!

Jodi Collins said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Joanne! LOVE every bit of this, especially the sentiment!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Very cute card! Love the bee standing on the flower! CUTE! :)

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card-love your dp-and everything about this card

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover