Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 14, 2010

Shabby Birthday

You may have been noticing a little shift in my designs lately, because some nights, instead of being itchy to color, I'm itchy to sew, or distress, or work paper flowers, or just fit together some pretty scraps.

Its fun to see what will fit together, and use up lots of "bits" that I've got hanging about. I might add that these are great cards to work on while listening to television or a movie. A quiet night.

You'll recognize the October Afternoon Thrift Shop and Go Fly a Kit which I like mixing up together, there are lots of common colors.

I've also added in a bit of red gingham from My Mind's Eye quite contrary. As all these bits are laying on my desk, you have a little a-ha moment now and again when you find unexpected elements somehow work together.

Alas, it is Friday, the day that I don't work, and both my boys are in school. Sometimes it is crazy errand day, today Karen and I are going to hit some of our local haunts and grab a bit of lunch! Only a few left in the school year, so I'm treasuring each and every one of them.....

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kathy Martin said...

This is soooooooooo AWESOME! Love the papers and all the stitching! :)

Basement Stamper said...

well, your itch to sew and distress is marvelous! Love this creation.

Kerry Johnson said...

Love it! Even without your colouring, I can still pick out your cards anywhere! Gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Such a great color combo! Love it!!

Karen Motz said...

I had SO much fun today!!! Can't wait to see what you cook up with all the goodies we picked up!

Unknown said...

very cath kidston

Lisa H. said...

love what you're doing lately! keep it coming! love this card, btw! sooo sweet with that pops of red.

Anonymous said...

Shabby....HA!!! Don't think so! So pretty!

Tasha said...

Oh my gosh this is way too cute! Loving the papers you have used, they look great together love the flower too
love tasha xx

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh, how BEAUTIFUL!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover