Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 21, 2010

just a little challenge - Clear Blue Skies

After I hostessed my most recent challenge, a few friends mentioned that they wished I held them more often, so here goes. And, if you ask me, the timing is perfect because I'll be on a little "blog-cation" the next few days as I celebrate my 10th Anniversary with my sweet husband. I'm also also head down working on lots of previews for MFT's upcoming release - trust me you're going to LOVE what comes next...

Announcing my next "...just a little challenge..."

The Challenge:

This month, the challenge is an inspiration challenge "...nothing but clear blue skies...." color challenge. Get inspired by the ocean with shades of blue, and lots of contrast with the black and white.

My Sample:

I went for one of my favorite summertime activities, lounging by the pool.

I've adjusted my work schedule for the summer to close a bit early, allowing me to get to the pool club with the boys more often. Though, I'm usually frenzied mom with two swim bags, instead of carefree beach babe, but a girl can dream right?

I love how the muted backgrounds draw your eye straight to the colors of the main panel.

Stamp set is MFT's "Catch Some Rays" I've got a mix of both zig zag and crazy stitching on here, and I'm LOVING this crossword puzzle (though I have no use for them in real life, I'm too impatient...)

You'll notice that my TCP Tuesday sample from Friday also works for this challenge, if you missed it, you'll find it here. Yes, I'm sneaky like that. *giggle*

The Details:
  • Add your project inspired by the photo above to my InLinkz below.
  • You'll add the direct link to your project (not to your general blog header.)
  • InLinkz will be open to new entries through July 1st at 9am EST.
  • You're welcome to add as many projects as you'd like, however please link up only new projects (no linking to prior creations)

On the 1st, I'll post my top three favorite creations here, I can't wait to see how you translate this gorgeous inspiration piece into your own project!

Have a GREAT week!








7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Renee said...

awww i LOVE the layout of this card!! the crossword paper is a great touch!! love it!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Oh how cool! I'm so glad to see another Jo challenge! I'll definitely be playing along!

Christina Fischer said...

Love this card! The crossword puzzle is perfect! I'm wishing you clear blue skies and a wonderful vacation! :)

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Joanne!! I love the colors and papers too!!

Chris said...

yeah!!!! A Joanne challenge and boy is that photo inviting. I'll be playing too.
Enjoy your time off.

Karen Hanim said...

Just stopped by to see what you were doing lately. Love the card!

Jen Tapler said...

SO fun Joanne! Love your sample!! I'm going to try to find some time to play along tomorrow!! Happy 10th!! :-)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover