Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 7, 2010

MFT's Shop Hop - Are We There Yet Gift Set

Hi everyone and welcome to this month's MFT Shop Hop! I hope that you've popped on over from Jessie's blog, if not, please take a moment to start up at Kim's Blog so that you don't miss any of the projects that the team has put together for you today!

I'm working with the new Pure Innocence set titled "Are We There Yet" and I put together a little giftie for Kim's daughter Emma. Emma will be joining us at CHA this summer, and what little girl wouldn't like a little set of goodies to keep her occupied on her journey?

I created the luggage tag/bookmark first - she is of course fully paper pieced. I propped her sunglasses on top of her head. Mine are usually a headband instead of eye protection anyways.

You'll spy the new Die-namics Framed Greetings Die which I've foled in half for a tab. I love multi-purpose elements like that. SWEET!

You'll see that I added a bit of Jumbo Scallop Die-namic too. I sewed all the layers in place for extra durability.

I tied it to a little cello bag with MFT's Creme Cotton Ribbon and filled the bag with the essentials for a six year old, a new pack of crayons, a lip gloss, a package of silly bands and a pack of gum.

The flip side of the tag/bookmark has a space to fill in her address, and I stamped her name with the new Banner Day Alphabet. The little sentiment "Jet Setter" cracks me up.

And of course, she'll need a journal to document her travels, take notes, or just color. I used the new Banner Day Alpha and Banner Day Die-namics die to customize the front of a Composition notebook - everything is anchored in place with Zip Dry - my fave glue for alterables!

I hope that Emma loves her little gift set, and also, that it eliminates Kim and Martin having to hear "are we there yet?" at least a few times!

Thank you SO much for stopping by tonight, your next stop on tonight's Shop Hop is the amazingly talented Sherrie! Happy Hopping & Shopping!

Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover