Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 7, 2010

MFT's Shop Hop - Are We There Yet Gift Set

Hi everyone and welcome to this month's MFT Shop Hop! I hope that you've popped on over from Jessie's blog, if not, please take a moment to start up at Kim's Blog so that you don't miss any of the projects that the team has put together for you today!

I'm working with the new Pure Innocence set titled "Are We There Yet" and I put together a little giftie for Kim's daughter Emma. Emma will be joining us at CHA this summer, and what little girl wouldn't like a little set of goodies to keep her occupied on her journey?

I created the luggage tag/bookmark first - she is of course fully paper pieced. I propped her sunglasses on top of her head. Mine are usually a headband instead of eye protection anyways.

You'll spy the new Die-namics Framed Greetings Die which I've foled in half for a tab. I love multi-purpose elements like that. SWEET!

You'll see that I added a bit of Jumbo Scallop Die-namic too. I sewed all the layers in place for extra durability.

I tied it to a little cello bag with MFT's Creme Cotton Ribbon and filled the bag with the essentials for a six year old, a new pack of crayons, a lip gloss, a package of silly bands and a pack of gum.

The flip side of the tag/bookmark has a space to fill in her address, and I stamped her name with the new Banner Day Alphabet. The little sentiment "Jet Setter" cracks me up.

And of course, she'll need a journal to document her travels, take notes, or just color. I used the new Banner Day Alpha and Banner Day Die-namics die to customize the front of a Composition notebook - everything is anchored in place with Zip Dry - my fave glue for alterables!

I hope that Emma loves her little gift set, and also, that it eliminates Kim and Martin having to hear "are we there yet?" at least a few times!

Thank you SO much for stopping by tonight, your next stop on tonight's Shop Hop is the amazingly talented Sherrie! Happy Hopping & Shopping!

46 Comments    Post a Comment:

Barbara said...

So flippin' adorable, Joanne! Over the top creative!

Sheila Davis said...

WOW!!!! These are just TOO CUTE!!! I'll have to try these myself. I love how you made the tab too...thanks for the idea to use it for that.

Anonymous said...

Love how cute this is Joanne. So very creative.
Joann B.

Christina Fischer said...

She will FLIP for these!! What a sweet thing to do! :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a brilliant idea! and such a sweet gift for a lil girl! I adore it so much, and I'm sure that she will too :)
hugs, margie

Ilissa said...

Awesome set. Im sure the little gal will love what you made for her. TFS!!

Aloha
from Hawaii

ilissa

ChristineCreations said...

SO thoughtful of you, and absolutely GORGEOUS too!

Billie A said...

very cute who wouldnt love the gift. Great I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute Joanne!!

Tracey said...

Incredible stuff Joanne! Absolutely adorable!

Sandie said...

Way too cute. I would love to receive something like this.

Well done.

Luv Sandie (Australia)

Debbie said...

Absolutely precious ... I love the colors!!!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Adorable set! Super cute.

Michelle said...

What an adorable set....you always amaze me :) fun & fabulous!!!

Amy Kolling said...

I love banners so much that I ordered the dies tonight! Your project with the banner on the front of the notebook....great idea!

StampOwl said...

super cute Joanne

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh all so SWEET!

Anonymous said...

Hey there vacation girl. You can't possibly be ready for another already!!! Are we there yet!?!? ;) Such a great idea!!! And the perfect giftie!! Excellent!!

jennik

Kelli Hull said...

OH WOW!!!! Emma is gonna LOVE it... and WOW on the folded die.... Sheesh!!! I MUST engage creativity and see things as they weren't meant to be seen!!! LOL

This is TOO CUTE And Kim and Martin will TOTALLY appreciate a BIT of a break!!!! SO sweet of you!

Raven said...

What an adorable set of goodies! I love the way they are all tied in together, and yet each one is stunning on it's own.

Melody said...

This is just such a wonderful set! Emma will love it!

Mary J said...

Sooo pretty!

Linda L said...

A great little gift set...I'm sure it will be appreciated. Great use of the MFT products.

Unknown said...

Everyone needs an "Auntie Jo" like you! This set is fab!! I'm sure Emma will just love it!

Ellie said...

Oh my gosh could it get any cuter!! LOVE it... Remember to take a pic of that big smile when you give it to her :)

Rhonda said...

Oh my! love the label as a tab!!!

Jennifer said...

I love the gift set. She will love it. I am wondering what paper line you used?

Megan said...

Totally darling. She'll have such a good time playing with them!

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness, what an absolutely adorable set!!! Lucky Emma!

Jodi Collins said...

What a gorgeous set Joanne!

Lisa H. said...

this is so thoughtful, super adorable, and absolutly perfect! what a lucky girl.

Jessica Wekenman said...

Love, love, love your projects! I've heard of these die-namics, but haven't used them yet! I'm going to have to change that! I love that comp book, and the banners! All too cute and fun!

Leslie Rodriguez said...

Ooh, the perfect gift for a little girl or a not so little girl too! ;)

Lori Turner said...

Awwww...what a sweet gift for Emma! She will love it! TFS!

kateisner said...

what a cute set! Love the notebook!

jennie black said...

oh my wow... those glasses are too much! love it jenniebstampin@aol.com

Rebecca said...

What a great idea!!! This is just so awesome!!!

Tasha said...

Wow this is adorable. The details and colours are fabulous such an awesome design
love tasha xx

Anonymous said...

Such a cute cute card!! Love it!
Christine

Dawn said...

Great project!

lilscrappers said...

ADORABLe ans so creative! I have to order that dienamic banner, lol

Chris said...

Emma's gonna love this

Anonymous said...

Seriously, how cute is this! I go away for 10 days and I come back to all these amazing release cards...I will be blogging for days!

FibreJunky said...

What a super cute set! Great idea!

Allison said...

Fabulous projects! So cute! Love all the piecing!

Jody Morrow said...

Awwwww, that is SO sweet! I'm sure Emma LOVED it!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover