Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 11, 2010

Sweet Sunday On My Couch

Today I pulled out a trusty favorite for my Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge card. Karen found this fun layout from the new Stampin Up Idea Book. What a fun sized card, measuring 3 1/4 x 6 1/2 - but of course, with my embellishing, it wouldn't fit inside the envelope. Ugh. That is SO typically me.

The chair has been stamped to a little scrap of Thrift Shop by October Afternoon, and then trimmed out and sponged with my Tea Dye ink. I also stamped the image again to a piece of vanilla cardstock, colored the legs of the chair, and a little bit of shadow for the floor.

Trim was cut out using my MFT Die-namics Jumbo Scallops and a quick bow with MFT's Creme Cotton Twill (I'd link it, but it appears to be out of stock, trust me and grab some as soon as its back, you'll love it!)

Be sure to check out Karen's sample - which I just know will be gorgeous - and please give this fun sketch a whirl. Its a great one!

You'll see samples today from my girlies on the Sweet Sunday Team:

Jennifer Tapler

Karen Motz
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Nancy Riley
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick





14 Comments    Post a Comment:

CherylAnn Robinson said...

I love this design for your card and the black and white is awesome.

Lynn Put said...

Oh my gosh this is fabulous!!! The paper pieced chair, the chic designer paper, the large twill and the jumbo scallops are all to die for! LOVE it!

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful Joanne!!! That chair reminds me of the furniture in your house...so comfy and welcoming!!

Nancy Riley said...

That little paper pieced chair is just the cutest! Love your big scallops and jumbo ribbon (even if it won't fit in an envelope!). It'll just have to be one of those cards you hand to the recipient!

Pam Speidel said...

Perfectly SWEET! Love the comfy chair in the pretty dp and the sentiment says it all! Love this card!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super sweet, love that BG paper and the twill....the couch is so cute!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Stunning card! So elegant and classy! I love the background paper, goes so well with your image!
hugs, margie

Amy Kolling said...

This is absolutely wonderful....love that black designer paper and the paper pieced chair!!! Love this sketch!

Jessie/knightrone said...

SO pretty Joanne!! Love it!!

Chris said...

it's so cute, I'd love to have that chair in my bedroom, and not have to share it with anyone.

Bren said...

absolutely love this card!!! The paper used is divine and everything just seems to mesh quite nicely.
Love it!!!

Karen Giron said...

This is SO beautiful! Loving those papers together and that super fab couch!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

Jody Morrow said...

That is REALLY awesome. SO beautiful!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover