Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 9, 2010

Not afraid of bears!

Want to hear something funny, you haven't seen a Fred Bear here on my blog yet, because I was afraid of him. Really. Totally intimidated by coloring him. But, I had to put together a birthday card for my oldest son, and I knew he'd get a kick out of Mr Fred.

So I reached for some new Jillybean Soup paper that I picked out for both my boys (they are both obsessed with Orange!) And I grabbed an assortment of Copic markers and got to work.

The key, was to keep my blending messy, to make him look furry. I did my blending in streaks in vertical lines, as opposed to my normal circular blending pattern, because actually I didn't want it blended in too well.

I'm so glad that I gave it a whirl because I actually was pretty pleased with how it came out, and I had FUN conquering my fear of bears. And now I have a few more Freds to ink up!

So, here's my question to YOU, what intimidates you with your projects? Certain colors? Papers? Techniques? Images? I'd love to know.




Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover