Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 9, 2010

Not afraid of bears!

Want to hear something funny, you haven't seen a Fred Bear here on my blog yet, because I was afraid of him. Really. Totally intimidated by coloring him. But, I had to put together a birthday card for my oldest son, and I knew he'd get a kick out of Mr Fred.

So I reached for some new Jillybean Soup paper that I picked out for both my boys (they are both obsessed with Orange!) And I grabbed an assortment of Copic markers and got to work.

The key, was to keep my blending messy, to make him look furry. I did my blending in streaks in vertical lines, as opposed to my normal circular blending pattern, because actually I didn't want it blended in too well.

I'm so glad that I gave it a whirl because I actually was pretty pleased with how it came out, and I had FUN conquering my fear of bears. And now I have a few more Freds to ink up!

So, here's my question to YOU, what intimidates you with your projects? Certain colors? Papers? Techniques? Images? I'd love to know.




6 Comments    Post a Comment:

scrappingnana said...

Very nice card and Fred Bear looks great. TFS

Marcie Sharp said...

Love your card! Too cute! I'm always intimidated by my Copic markers- even after taking a class or two I still don't feel like I'm using them to their full advantage!!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Adorable card and you did a great job coloring him and conquering your fear! For me it's coloring skin.

Great tip on the blending method - I'll have to try that! Here's another tip for you on the fur coloring - once you've finished your coloring, take a really knobby terrycloth towel, put some Copic blending solution on it, then dab it on the fur. The blending solution will push the ink around and give it even more of that splotchy, furry look.

Amy Rohl said...

I love furry Fred, and I heart your "from me to you" card below...ah, YOU are the rockstar!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you have coloured him 100 times!!! It rocks!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So totally cute!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover