Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 8, 2010

Sweet and Simple Sunday

Even with an extra week to work on our sketch this week, I was still having a hard time, it wasn't the sketches fault, because it is a fabulous one! I was just feeling rusty this week I guess. I'll even admit that I put more than a few samples in the circular file. But in the end, I loved the card I came up with.

I love Sweet Sunday Sketches, they are just my free day to just play aroud, no Design Team commitments, so I get to just look through my generous assortment of stamps to see what is calling my name. This week, it was Every Day Button Bits from Paper Trey.

Anchored with MFT's Hot Fudge Cardstock, and scraps of whatever was laying about on my besk, I grabbed the pink buttons and got stamping away.

Quick and simple, all the buttons are stitched directly in place. Once I decided I didn't need to fill up that whole panel, and that I could just use a portion of it, the card came together in a stitch (pardon the pun!)

Be sure to visit Karen Giron and all of the girls on the Sweet Sunday Sketch team to see their amazing samples this week. I'm sure of one thing, and its that you'll be inspired!



14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Just darling Joanne! Love the eclectic feel of this beauty. So fun and whimsical!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh, Joanne!...this is SWEEEEET!

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful card Joanne! Love all the buttons!

Karen Giron said...

I love this! It looks like you could just take the image panel off and make it a bookmark or something - it's so gorgeous! I'm loving all the distressing too!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

GORGEOUS.. as always.. absolutely STUNNING!! Oh and I'm with Karen.. that would make a GORGEOUS bookmark!!

xx SJ

Laurel said...

Stunning card!

Lisa H. said...

yeah, your rusty is SO not rusty. hahaha! love how it came together, Joanne.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

You love it, I adore it. Awesomely awesome card, Joanne! Thanks for sharing it. I stalk you mostly from my blog reader but I had to come and comment on this one.

Hugs,
Brandi

Chris said...

very sweet, always a pleasure to visit here

Vicki Burdick said...

So cute Joanne, doesn't look like you are rusty from this end!!! ADORABLE!!!!

Karen Motz said...

Love all those button flowers!! Are you all recuperated now from CHA?

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty!!

B said...

Super sweet! Love the distressing and the buttons! :)

Anonymous said...

It's great! But they always do!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover