Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 8, 2010

Easy Peasy Christmas Card - Its a TCP Sneak Peek

Usually I go all crazy with the layers and what not, but today I've got something a little bit clean and simple to share with you. As I was working with the new TCP Cut-Ups Banner Die, I couldn't help but notice that it makes a wonderful Christmas tree - right?

The scalloped layer is cut from felt, and then the center layer is cut with My Minds Eye So Sophie houndstooth paper. The tree's trunk is just a bit of grosgrain ribbon. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. And sometimes, in the midst of a crazy week with class prep, back to school, home daycare etc, that's just how I roll.....

Don't forget that Alma will have sneak peek illustrations for you each day from now till next Monday - be sure to hop on over to see who's got previews for you today!!

13 Comments    Post a Comment:

JessicaK said...

I'm all about trying for easy peasy cards, and this Christmas one turned out fantastic. Is the felt tree a new TCP die cut, I wonder?

Kathy Martin said...

Darling tree card! Love the felt! :)

Kathi said...

Fabulous use of that die for a tree.

Great card.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I like easy, especially when it turns out this cute!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the banners everywhere - I wonder if this one is big enough for party banners?? It makes a fab tree :)

Katie Skiff said...

Great idea. Ok, so I'll be getting a better bang for my buck.

Unknown said...

How stinkin' cute! I'm definitely going to have to borrow the tree idea from you! So darling. TFS!

Linda Nicholson said...

This die may very well be the first thing that goes in my cart this month!

Super cute card! I love that it is so simple, but eye catching!

Linda

Lisa H. said...

you're getting a great big SHUT UP!!!! on this one. oh, boy, I'm in trouble, lol!

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute

snw

Deborah Anton said...

Very cute!! I am all about the easy peasy!!

Makalah said...

It may be easy, but it still looks impressive!

Cindy Major said...

Cute idea with the new die!!

Cindy

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover