Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 9, 2010

Greatest Hits - Jolinne

Getting both boys off to school and prepping class kits for this weekend, it has been a complete whirlwind around here. Its all good, just c-r-a-z-y! So I hope you'll forgive me my very simple layout on today's Greatest Hits post for MFT, but it was nice to just sit and color a while and not worry too much about how all the papers would get laid out.

Today is our monthly Greatest Hits post, when we take a particular line of stamps out to play. This month, its Jolinne. I'll admit sadly that I'd not yet inked this cutie. I love her coy expression with her shoulders shrugged and her eyes closed.

You'll want to swing by Kim's blog today after 11am EST, she'll have a list of all the designers with Jolinne samples to share today. And if you're feeling inspired to add to your collection, then today's the day - you can use the code JOLINNE to save $5 on any Jolinne set

I'll make a little admission here too, sometimes I get nervous coloring Miss Jolinne's hair, there's just so much of it, and I don't want to blend it too much, I wanted it to be all piecy with highights and lowlights. Then I remembered a cool trick from Mel - she used to scratch the surface of her hair with a paper piercer or a needle, and then color over it. Its cool how it takes to the color differently. Have a great day everyone, I forgot that today was a no school day when I did my daycare calendar and I have MORE than a full house today. Wish me luck.....

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Christy said...

So very pretty!!

Erin Smetak said...

Hey Buddy!!! How are you?! I haven't stopped by your blog in a while! LOVE the Jolinne card! It looks like it needs to be in a story book! Perfectly colored and accessorized! Awesome!!! :)

Sherrie said...

Nicely done, especially the hair....actually that is why I like Jolinne's in particular...because there is more surface to color. Fantastic card as always!

Melody said...

Sweet!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh so sweet! Love that paper and ribbon! :)

StampOwl said...

very pretty

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, this is just too cute!

JessicaK said...

Oh, great tip! I also have hair coloring issues and will definitely try this out.

Lisa H. said...

lots of luck! and what a sweetie! and yes, I feel the same about her hair, but yours looks wonderful!

Jessie/knightrone said...

She is GORGEOUS Joanne!! Love it!!

Carolyn King said...

PRECIOUS card! Hope today went well and hope Sammy is doing better at school :)
Lauren is coping a bit better but there are still some tears now and then...sigh!

Chris said...

I think the paper is so cute you don't need it to be complicated. It's a sweet card.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover