Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 15, 2010

Flopsey Flies a Kite

Its been ages since I've had time to play along in a challenge just for fun, but last night, my husband ended up with a business dinner to attend, so I got a little unexpected time to just play!

This sweet Flopsey Flies a Kite was released at the beginning of September from MFT but hadn't yet seen ink from me, oh the shame!

This week's sketch from Mercy was just perfect for the occasion, I flipped it over on its side... and dug into my new My Mind's Eye: Alphabet Soup - today I'm using the boy version. Love it!


I paper pieced Flopsey's kite, and he's popped up on dimensionals. Instead of stamping the kite string with all the little ties, I simply used a bit of twine. Lots of sewing here (I know, I can hardly make a card without sewing it... otherwise, they feel naked! GASP!)

Hope you're having a great day. So far today I've taken one kid to the dentist, volunteered for lunch and recess and now I'm having a quick bite before heading off to volunteer in the library for my older son.

Not a horribly productive day by any means, but certainly a fun one. My son's face LIT UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE when I walked in for lunch duty, and in the end, that's what its all about, right?

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover